Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
There is at least one Mommy and Me group here. The kindergartens tend to be a little crowded. They mainly teach english because most of the kids speak spanish at home. Your children will pick up spanish by osmosis once they begin to make friends.

There are some childrens dance groups.

In the summer the fitness centre runs childrens groups for swimming, tennis, yoga etc.

There are a couple of big fabric stores in Belize city and couple of small ones here. You will be able to get some sewing patterns too.

There is a place here that makes clothes by order and I am sure they would love to let you watch and maybe pick up some pointers.

There are some bridge clubs, art/painting clubs etc too. You won't be bored!

M
M
I agree you will find lots to do if you look or nothing at all if that's what you want. Mum's every where find each other. My son has never taken Spanish classes but has picked it up from his friends, your's being young and there permanently will have no trouble.

OP Offline
Man, I can not wait to get down there!! smile It sounds like there are a lot of activities from which to choose, both for me and our children. I'm excited about the possibility of meeting some of you and getting involved in the groups you all mentioned. Thanks Kra-Z-K for the tips on the fitness club. I'll look into joining so that we can save on the free months. Thanks for the tip on the sewing info. I'm sooo excited to get down there and get involved!

I too hope that they catch on with speaking Spanish early... it will be so beneficial!

OP Offline
One other question... do you all know of any Nanny/in-home babysitters that are trustworthy? I'd like to find someone to help with watching the little ones for a few hours here and there so that I can go diving with my hubby sometimes.

OP Offline
Does anyone know if there is a website for the SP Fitness Club?

I do not think so. But if you hav any questions, I am going today and can get them answered. I am looking forward to seeing you soon, when do you arrive?

OP Offline
We are coming down the first part of March around the 8th or so. (Haven't quite booked tickets yet, as my hubby has to finalize a few things with our dive shop here). Thanks for checking into that for me. Regarding the membership for the club, since I won't be there before the 14th of Feb, could you check and see if I could get the membership now somehow even though I'm not going to be on the island til March? I'd sooo appreciate it! smile

BTW, do you have children also on the island? How long have you been on the island?

In answer to your last postings, ... I'm a definite beginner in tennis... I played a bit when I was really young, but haven't since I was about 10. In fact, for Christmas, I bought a racquet for myself, my hubby, and a child's one for my 2 year old along with some tennis balls.... all of which have already been brought down by my parents who came and bought a condo on the island just this month. smile

funny, I just got home from the gym and read your post but have the answer anyways. You can buy the membership now....and they are so kind that they freeze your membership if you are gone for a month at a time. So you can buy it Feb 8 for a year but it will be good until March 8, 2007 as you can freeze your first month.

SUPER cool you are a beginner tennis player. I hope we will get together to learn.

OP Offline
Great. Thanks for that info. Do you happen to know their email/contact info? I don't have it in order to get a membership. Do you know the fees associated with becoming a member? Sorry to burden you with this! Thanks! smile

not a burden at all! I have their # on my membership card on my keychain, 011-501-226-2683. Normally it is $100 BZ/ month ($50 US), $50 BZ initiation. Right now it is $700 BZ ($350 US)/ YEAR, no initiation for single and have a family rate too but don't know it off hand.

I am going to lift weights at 3pm so I will find out and if you have other questions ask me before 3pm cause I am not going Thu or Fri. wink
Now...get here sooner so we can play tennis!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.