Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Aliki Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi! First-time visitor to Belize.

Just booked our air tickets from NYC to Belize for 4/1 to 4/8. We plan to be in San Ignacio from 4/1 to 4/5, and then Ambergris Caye from 4/5 to 4/8.

However, just read in guidebook that businesses are all closed for Holy Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday, and that it's a holiday that rivals Christmas.

Help! Does that mean during my stay in AC on Holy Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday, there will be no restaurants open? There will be no snorkeling trips?

What have I just done...!? I can't imagine coming to AC and not snorkeling. Should we switch our itinerary and go to the Mayan ruins first? (We would have to cancel our reservations at Midas Resorts.)

Reassurance/advice/help appreciated.

You will be able to eat at a resturant and snorkle. You should book your snorkle trips prior to arriving (not ususally necessary)just so you will not worry. There will be alot of places closed but should not affect your vacation. Enjoy
If everything is not perfect, just remember nothing is.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
E
E
Your info is incorrect Aliki.

S
S
I came down last year during Easter and was able to do everything as normal, plus get a good dosage of Catholicism from a small fishing village culture. The posada on Good Friday was cool,as was Easter Sunday.
There is always the possibility that some will not want to work on the big holiday, but it's still a tourism driven economy.
Seemed like a good couple of weeks to me though, lots of water time...JMHO

I hope you have your room reservations and Easter is a busier time here than Christmas. Lots of people from the mainland come out here then.
All the tourist places will be open, they need the business, we have had a slow year.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.