Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22668 05/23/00 06:33 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am looking for a hotel, probably south of San Pedro Town, which would be a good place for me and my 12-year old son to spend 10 days in the latter part of June. He would like a pool and cable TV, and I am over 50 and kind of like my creature comforts, but we would rather spend our money on doing neat things than on a really expensive hotel. Can anyone suggest the right place for us? Thanks for any help.

#22669 05/23/00 09:14 PM
Have a look at the web sites of the resorts and hotels listed on the following web page.
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html

Direct some attention to Belize Yacht Club, Villas at Banyan Bay, Tropica Beach Resort, Banana Beach resort, Royal Palm Villas, and Caribe Island Resort.

They are not low priced, but during off-season months, most have moderate pricing.

**Jim

**Jim
#22670 05/23/00 11:35 PM
I found the South Part of the Island to be perfect. We stayed at Banana Beach Resort. Pool, beach and bike rentals on site. Many places to eat and drink with-in walking distance. I'll stay there again!

#22671 05/24/00 12:15 AM
Have a look at the Sunbreeze.

Great pool, AC, cable TV and close to town.

Have a good trip.

#22672 05/24/00 08:16 AM
Since you're traveling with your son, I recommend that you have a kitchen available. Kids are constantly eating and drinking, and this would prevent you from having to run to the bar constantly. Would also save some $$$. I too have boys and have been told that the most convenient and best equipped is the Tradewinds Paradise Villas. Will be there next week. Will let you know how we like it.

#22673 05/24/00 09:36 AM
My two cents worth:

I've seen nearly all the properties on Ambergris Caye, stayed a quite a few of them (including SunBreeze and Banana Beach mentioned here) and agree that all the ones mentioned are nice and could be good choices for you.

I was really impressed by Banana Beach -- beautiful one-bedroom suites, nice pool, on/near very good beach, efficient and friendly management. But then I like SunBreeze for its great location and shady pool ... and most of the units at Paradise Villas at the north end of town are nice, too.

There are a number of other fine condos and hotels south of town that would likely fill the bill for you, including (only those with pools listed)...

The Palms, Belize Yacht Club, Villas at Banyan Bay (if you want a two-bedroom unit), Tropica, Sunset Beach and Caribe Island.

This doesn't include some of the good places on North Ambergris, which is a little more away from things.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#22674 05/25/00 09:19 PM
S
S
We recently spent 10 days at the SunBreeze, with our 14 and 11 year old children and found it ideal, both in terms of location and amenities. We loved being able to walk to town, and let our children do so by themselves. My teenage daughter loved to spend time each day at the cyber cafe (can't recall the exact name of it) so she could keep up with her friends back home. The hotel pool was great, although we also swam in Ramon's pool, which was also nice until they kindly asked us leave, not being hotel guests. Our room was not luxurious by any means, but it was clean, air conditioned, and best of all, had a refrigerator. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. And, we did have cable tv in the room, which reinforced our belief not to have it at home. But our son loved it!

[This message has been edited by susanhope (edited 05-25-2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.