Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
For those of you who are coming down and would like to bring something ti help the kids at Holy Cross school here are some items most needed at the moment.

Hand sanitizer
white soc size 12 - 14 unisex
underwear girls and boys size 4 - 14
book bags
Duplo blocks (large sized leggo)
wood blocks

(we are already starting collections on toys for Christmas party next year as well)

Last edited by tacogirl; 01/15/07 07:14 PM.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

OP Offline
Any learning materials and coloring books are good too.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

K
K
And now that the special education classroom is open - We also need more multi-piece puzzles (we have two children with autism that have already done all the puzzles and waiting for more) and any manipulative toys for learning - stringing beads, pop beads, counting items, puff paint, yarn, felt, velcro.

Thanks

T
T
ms. belinda at holy cross anglican school (standard 1 class) is looking for a math aide called "cuisenaire rods" (google it) to use in her classroom. i've agreed to get her some, but shipping it would be costly. if anyone is heading to sp in the future let me know and i'll purchase them and have them sent to your address so you could deliver them. let me know here or pm me.

al s.

Last edited by tropical smitty; 01/17/07 05:34 PM.
T
T
also, if you want a rewarding and heart wrenching experience at the same time, go to the school and volunteer as a classroom aide, even if it is just for one day. sitting down with one or two students and having them read to you or solve a puzzle or a math problem will make a difference. you probably should clear it with francis wilson ([email protected]) before you visit.

OP Offline
Yes Smitty great point. Anyone visiting is more than welcome to spend time at the school with the kids.

We are in town and willing to help people connect with Francis and the school for volunteering to visits.

T
T
islenutt,
i tried to respond to your p.m. but apparently tour message box is full. google 'cuisenaire rods' and the first link is amazon.com with a good explaination of the product. lets stay in touch on this!
al

I
I
Got it tropical smitty. smile

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
My husband and I will be coming down at the beginning of February and plan on bringing some of the supplies. I have a teacher supply store that has the cuisenaire rods, but they have a lot of different ones. Could someone get a clarification on what is needed from this website?

http://bradburnsptscatalog.com/adva...c40fe45737804cd6027735fd&x=4&y=9

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I should clarify, I don't have a supply store, I have one close to where I work that I can go to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 209 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.