Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23267 06/24/00 10:59 PM
K
KatGold Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We are still trying to figure out where to stay when we are in AC in July. We have 2 boys 11 and 13 and they are big so we need plenty of room. I have checked the Mayan Princess but they do not have a pool. I have checked Banannas but they only have 1 bedroom units I don't know if it would be big enough or not. I got a response from Tradewinds Paradise Villas and they just have a 1 bedroom available as well and I don't know if it would accomodate us comfortably or not. I am kind of confused about Tradewinds Paradise Villas and just Paradise Villas. I had read on a previous posting that someone that they were one in the same. But they have 2 different web pages and 2 different phone numbers. Which one is the one everyone is recommending? On the one web page for Paradise Villas www.paradisevillasbelize.com it states that you get $400 worth of free excursions. Also does anyone know about Casa Caribe Resort? Is there some catch to that? Hope someone out there can help me with my questions.

#23268 06/25/00 08:54 AM
N
nat Offline
N
We were looking at the Villas at Banyan Bay. They are two bedroom units with a jacuzzi bath in the master bedroom. We decided to go to Banana Beach Resort instead b/c we are just 2 people. Below is a comment I got from Lan re: Banyan Bay:

---------------------------------------
Villas at Banyan Bay are very nice -- believe all the units there are two-bedrooms, with attractive furnishings, jacuzzis in master bath, etc. The beach here is one of the best on the island. Plus, it's right next door to St. Matthews, if you decide you want to go to med school! Banana Beach is another nice condotel in this area, at lower prices, though the units are all one-bedroom.
--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

#23269 06/25/00 10:24 AM
The Palms has very nice 2 bedroom units and are just south of town with a pool. Excellent location for walking access to town and many restaurants. E-mail: palms@btl.net

Banana Beach units are very roomy and nice but I don't know how much privacy you would get in one unit with four people. Suggest you e-mail them and inquire about renting two units at a reduced price for quantity. E-mail: bananas@btl.net

Banyan Bay units are two bedrooms with jacuzzis. They are also on Mar de Tumbo beach at the other end from Banana Beach. Email: banyanbay@btl.net

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 06-26-2000).]

**Jim
#23270 06/25/00 11:32 AM
The Paradise Villas are a bit confusing. All the units are in the same condo development, but they are marketed by two different outfits, Tradewinds which is a U.S. company that owns a number of the units there and rents them out; then there is the Ambergris Caye based management company that rents other units there. To make things even more confusing, a few units are individually owned AND offered directly by those owners. Most of the units are about the same, but there are some differences -- e.g. I think some units just have A/C in the bedrooms, others fully A/C. And there are some differences in furnishing and fixtures.

But I agree with Jim -- The Palms could be a great choice if you're looking for a two-bedroom unit. Nice apartments, great location and good little pool.

Villas at Banyan Bay are tremendous -- 1,000 sq. feet two-bedroom units, with whirlpool.

And with the summer direct booking rates, and with their seven days, pay for six, you might be able to get two units at Banana Beach for about the same as you'd pay for a single unit at Banyan Bay.

Casa Caribe is nice, but it's on North Ambergris Caye. You'd have to take a water taxi/ferry back and forth into town, which at US$5 or so a person each way really adds up. But if you want to be away from things, it could be a good choice.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.