Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23651 07/18/00 07:16 AM
M
mdrrt Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I can't choose between Banyan Bay, Paradise villas, or Banana Beach. going to "veg out"...so quiet and clean accomodations a must. "creature of comfort". which has the better beach and pool? which is closer to town? would i need a golf cart or bicycle? safety concerns?....traveling alone. how close to the supermarket?

#23652 07/18/00 05:36 PM
I would say they stack up this way:

Most deluxe:
1. Banyan Bay
2. Banana Beach
3. Paradise Villas

Most convenient location:
1. Paradise Villas
2. Banyan Bay/Banana Beach (tie)

Best pool
1. Banyan Bay/Paradise Villas (tie)
2. Banana Beach

Best beach
1. Banyan Bay/Banana Beach (tie)
2. Paradise Villas

Best value:
1. Banana Beach
2. Paradise Villas (depending on the deal)
3. Banyan Bay

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://wwww.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#23653 07/18/00 07:00 PM
N
nat Offline
N
Banyan Bay has 2 bedroom suites so it may seem a bit big if you are traveling alone (and is double the price).

We just got back from Banana and really enjoyed it. They are one bedroom suites. The bar next door serves the best Mata Coladas (a pina colada with amaretto and bailey's added).

Banyan has a nice pool and a nice bar that serves food.

Both are a ways from town from 1.25 miles for Banyan and 1.5 miles from Banana. The market is about 3/4 of a mile away.

As a women I wouldn't really walk around any country alone at night, I just don't think it is smart. I always felt safe walking with my husband though.

If you are traveling during the low season (now) you might want to just book a few nights and consider changing accomodations when you get there. It seemed that there are better "walk-in" rates so you might even get a good deal. A lot of people seemed to be doing this. Have fun.-nat

#23654 07/19/00 02:26 PM
Me and my family stayed at Paradise Villas the first week of June. We thought it was wonderful. It had a night security gaurd on the premises, which made me feel good. It was far enough from the night life to be quiet in the evenings. The kitchens are fully equipped. Even had blenders for those tropical fruit drinks. There is a small grocery store a stones throw from the complex. We were very pleased with the service. They even brought us a BBQ grill for our patio when we requested it. (To grill all the wonderful fish we caught) If you tell them in advance, they will even have the fridge loaded with Bilikin beer and soft drinks for your arrival. Hustler tours for fishing, sailing etc. is located on the beach, just outside the gate. (Very convenient) The pool was very nice as well. Not much of a beach, but then again, none of the resorts have a beach like you see in the magazines. It's more rustic, and the water has a bit of sea grass. Paradise Villas does have it's own dock though, and you can swim off the dock. They even sunk a few artificial reefs off the dock for you to explore. Any tours you book will pick you up right at the dock. We thought it was marvelous. The rates were great. Air conditioning worked great. Even had cable TV, but that didn't interest us much.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 07-19-2000).]

#23655 07/20/00 10:20 AM
Banyan Bay and Banana B. seemed to be much better maintained than PV. Banyan Bay is probably one of the nicer properties with a pool.I would stay at either before I would stay at PV. Other than that Lan has got it right in his appraisals.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.