Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241652 - 06/27/07 02:02 AM San Pedro Day?
pash Offline
Rumor has it that there are activities/events going on Friday for San Pedro Day. Does anyone know any specifics? Block party, fireworks, etc?

#241681 - 06/27/07 03:22 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: pash]
SimonB Offline
The boat parade will take place at 7am on Friday and the street procession will take place at 5pm. Official opening ceremonies take place on Thursday night at the old football field. The fair will be open all weekend and the big beach party and fishing tournament will take place on Sunday by Caliente's. Lot's more going on, should be a great weekend.

#241685 - 06/27/07 03:44 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: SimonB]
tacogirl Offline
Whoo Hooo as DCG would say it is going to be a fun time.

Been to the carnival a few times already and I won a new laundry bucket (and more) at my favorite game.

Thanks for the info Simon.

Is boat parade really at 7 am? If so I better set my alarm for that one.

#241690 - 06/27/07 04:01 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: tacogirl]
SimonB Offline
There is 4am mass for men only at the Catholic Church followed by breakfast at the Lion's Den (everyone welcome) and then the boat procession (at 7) which goes from the church to the old football field.

#241692 - 06/27/07 04:03 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: SimonB]
travelqueen Offline
This sounds awesome!!

#241697 - 06/27/07 04:18 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: travelqueen]
Bobber Offline
I assume this has something to do with all of the carnival rides they were setting up a week ago. We watched the tilt-a-whirl firing up (while having dinner at the Sunset Grill). We also saw some more trucks moving north carrying more rides. So, all of this stuff is brought in on barges I guess. What a nice thing for the resident kids (and adults). So much is said about the nice folks in San Pedro, too bad we (the tourists) can't get them all together in one place and let them know how much we appreciate what they and their little island do to enhance our vacations. Just a thought.

#241702 - 06/27/07 04:33 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: Bobber]
SimonB Offline
Just another weekend party in San Pedro! It's kind of nice that the big parties are off season, let's everyone have a chance to get out and have some fun (not that it takes much to get a party started.)

#241706 - 06/27/07 05:34 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: SimonB]
Bobber Offline
I have 2 Belikins left. That means party. smile

#241708 - 06/27/07 07:06 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: Bobber]
travelqueen Offline
Wish I could be there! frown Don't have too much fun without moi!! smile

#241714 - 06/27/07 07:21 PM Re: San Pedro Day? [Re: travelqueen]
SimonB Offline
Don't feel too bad, I'll miss all of Sunday as well as I'm sailing down to Placencia for a few days. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 92 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.