Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
JZB Offline
I think the stray dog population has dramatically decreased over the last several years because of the work of Saga and the town board. The dogs saga put back out on the street at least were not able to make more strays. Surely, they would not release a sick or aggressive dog.

My dog Junior is one of those dogs that were fixed by Saga and released. He used to live at Ramons with about 4 other dogs under the beach chairs. Every time we would pass by the beach he would follow us around for the day and end right back up at Ramons, until one day he realized our food was better than Ramons and he never went back except to visit his buddies once and a while. All those dogs were happy, healthy, and well fed (thanks to the tourists).

I've owned several dogs in my life but Junior is one of the most loyal and well behaved. The thought that he could have been destroyed just because some human was careless and didn't care for him is heartbreaking. I thank Saga for having him.

If every stray animal could be adopted like yours, there would not be a problem. That is not the case.

B
B
I still don't get the topic of this thread.
Why exactly are they begging for free dog collars?
If you are gonna beg for free shit beg for some food or medicine for the SAGA folks.
A snappy collar on a pot licker will not solve anything.
It will just dress up the 'hood a little.
Maybe I am missing something.

whistle

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
JZB #243631 07/25/07 05:49 PM
Hey JZB, my friend also adopted one of the dogs that hung around Ramones. But like you said, your dog liked your food better. It's not just food but care and avoiding nuisances. Trigger as he is now called was called Red dog or Bones. He was very thin, weak, dehydrated and probably fed mostly on bones. he is now one of the strongest dogs I've seen and the best swimmer. But he is always fed well, drinks water without chlorine in it ot the grime from the street. He is also very grateful for his new life and a perfect watch dog. He gets his heart worm every month and isn't covered in ticks and fleas. It's not just about us. Most the bad these dogs have to deal with we never see because they are not on a beach being your best friend at the table at those times. Of course I haven't thought much about it. wink

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
I still don't get the topic of this thread.
Why exactly are they begging for free dog collars?
A snappy collar on a pot licker will not solve anything.
It will just dress up the 'hood a little.
Maybe I am missing something.

There is a belief, and probably some truth to it, that the Town Board doesn't poison dogs that wear collars, assuming that dog has an owner and is cared for. However putting a collar on all the strays will backfire and the poisoner won't use that criteria any more putting in jeopardy the other dogs.

White Sands Dive Shop
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Since there seems little doubt that poison was thrown into locked yards that supposed distinction is academic.

#243661 07/26/07 11:16 AM
I disagree with you peter.
The collar rule was in effect for many years and the indiscriminate poisoning was hopefully an incident, and not the norm.

White Sands Dive Shop
So you think when he throws out the poison meat he watches to see if a dog with a coller on tries to eat it.

S
S
Or a child?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.