Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I would think that if there was a demand...a new plane or two would be added and a pilot or two would be hired.

I have been really disheartened by what this misplaced megadevelopment would do to the natural environment and local aura of AC -- would love to know more about this - please keep this forum informed on this Mark!!

C
C
Very large amount of mangrove has been clear cut in the area of question. There is a road for equipment cut to the area. Very visable departing or arriving spr.

*bump*

i missed this over the weekend...thought others might have too.

JZB Offline
I just posted photos of the cleared mangroves in the photo forum.

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=266124#Post266124

Last edited by SimonB; 02/04/08 06:48 PM. Reason: added link
sad indeed.
anyone of those photos could be mistaken for the placencia area!

NONE are so blind as those who will not see.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
E
ERT Offline
E
On another thread (Reef Village), I just saw a 2/20 message from someone saying that he had been informed by South Beach that they would be breaking ground in 30 days.

I didn't have the heart to say on that thread that I had just been up to see Reef Village for the first time. It is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. It is possible the interiors are nice. But the exteriors just need the Motel 6 sign, the interstate and chain link fence in front and the asphalt access road. That's before one considers the cost to the community of losing wetlands and the long-term water issues Reef Village is going to face. The new owners, however, are thrilled and think the place is great.

So it appears Reef Village South is on the way. Does anybody know what to do? Heredia's recent grandstanding makes clear that the names and faces have changed, but nothing else. I am very distressed. It's hard to watch this happening.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Yes, the developers of Reef Village haven't tried very hard to merge their buildings into the surroundings. Mind you, that's true of other major developments as well. Tricky to blend a four storey building into the mangroves (if there are any left).

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=17.908999&lon=-87.968216&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2
Shocking to see the size of South Beach development when I checked out this map!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.