Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
toto Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Our family will be staying at the Palms in March and was looking for Dive Shop and dive site recommendations. We probably don't want to dive any more than 80 feet so the Blue Hole is out. Also, would like recommendations on zip line/cave tubing (or any must do's!) and restaurants. Our kids are 18 and 21 so practically traveling with 4 adults! Thanks!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Your closest is AquaDives a short walk up the beach (towards town), but in reality any dive operation will pick you up and drop you off. All you need do is email or phone them in advance.

T
toto Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Any specific dives sites you might recommend? How is night diving in the reserve?

all the dive shops wait til that morning to decide which sites to visit. so not to repeat sites for divers. 2 of my favorites are tackle box for the swim throughs and esmarelda for the nurse sharks. night diving at hol chan is very nice. lots to see but can get a bit crowded when the island is full. sometimes a currant but worth the trip.
jen
www.aqualandphotos.com

T
toto Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Do you have any dive shops you recommend. We are diving with our girls and we would love to have a recommendation instead of just picking one. Thanks!

Toto, I echo what Jenni said on the dive sites, as far as a dive shop I really like Protech (pedro2)with Israel the DM/guide.. They are great! I've dove with them twice and will keep going back to them as long as I'm diving there.

Take the road less traveled
San Pedro has lots of good ones.
Its a good safe diving community on the whole.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
The Palms generally uses the dive shop at Ramon's Village, which has a good reputation and is close by.

You'll (probably) get lots of recommendations because people generally like the dive shops they know. "divingcowgirl" is very complimentary to us (Protech) but if others bother to post you'll probably get similar comments about other dive shops. As Elbert says, you'd really have to be very unlucky to find a bad one!

T
toto Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sounds like a good recommendation to me! We are thinking about doing a couple of 2 tank dives or possibly a 2 tank and a night dive. Could you give me info on prices and do we need to reserve time in advance or when we get there? Thanks!

Last week, I had nurse sharks bumping into my legs as I did my head down descent at Esmeralda. That's never happened before.

And then on one dive, I saw a little puppy nurse shark chase our DM all over the place. It certainly appeared as if it wanted to be petted and wasn't concerned about cadging some food.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.