Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#281652 05/27/08 11:57 AM
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Just got back from AC, thanks to all for the fishing and dining advice, there are indeed many flats accessible from the beach going north, and the fishing article on this site might need to be edited on that point.

San Pedro was so much busier than I expected traffic-wise. But it still has a laid back feel when you're not dodging the traffic.

The real estate peddlers on the beach were the worst part. If their pushy schtick is successful, I'd be amazed. If there is a Chamber of Commerce, you've got a problem here.

The staff of the Sunbreeze was great, I liked the place. Might try Ramon's next time. The Blue Water Grill was excellent, as advertised. Very good food, excellent service.

Stayed 2 nights at Belize Legacy Resort, which gets rave reviews on Trip Adviser, and rightfully so. Pretty high end feel for being 7.2 miles north of SP. Very nice units, the staff (everyone)knows your name from the time you arrive, and they are very friendly and accomodating, punctual, professional.

AC works well from a visitors' perspective, timely (things run on time), professional, friendly, beautiful. Next trip I'll be taking a catamaran out from TMM charters and hiring a local captain for that, so I can spend a week or two checking out the reef and going south. This short trip was just to check it out, and I really liked it.

On the development aspects about which a lot is written here, saw all the new road/sidewalks paving going in on many streets, and I get the impression that infrastructure is being dealt with.

Pretty impressed with Banyan Bay/Grand Colony. Flying in and out I couldn't make out where this South Beach thing is going in, didn't see any clearing of mangroves to speak of. Ended up cancelling a showing at Las Terrazas since they didn't have pre-construction pricing figured out and there wasn't anything to see of phase 2.

My impression is that things are moving north pretty rapidly.

I'm going to take my time deciding where to buy. There seems to be a surge in both building and demand right now, at least to this first timer, and prices are much higher than I would have expected.

Bottom line, really liked AC. Been going to The Abacos for a long time, I'm ready for a change. I didn't even get a chance to see what really interests me, like the diving, fishing and sailing. So I've got a lot to look foward to.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Originally Posted by skippy

The real estate peddlers on the beach were the worst part. If their pushy schtick is successful, I'd be amazed. If there is a Chamber of Commerce, you've got a problem here.

skippy, the time share peddlers have always been a problem. The Chamber has addressed this on numerous occasions....bottom line their employers realy don't care.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
We refuse to vacation in places like Mexico and Jamaica because of the peddlers. I understand that everyone needs to make a living, but it is NO Vacation if you are constantly fending off peddlers.

We like A/C, but our friends refuse to return due to peddling (real estate and others).

I think that the Chamber does not fully realize the extent of the problem, since the peddlers don't target locals (and often curtail their aggresive behavior around them).

One thing is sure - Peddlers hurt the tourist trade.

E
E
Ive said this before, but I'll say it again (not sure why). I have been going to AC over 10 years and have NEVER been approached by time share people. Im not sure if Im lucky or feel left out !

Maybe you are like me Ernie, they take one look at this old fart and decide I might not live long enough to make it to the closing - so I don't get bothered.

I've never been bothered either. Guess because they can't keep up with me, (running here and there) Or they are afraid of jumping out of planes smile wink

Take the road less traveled
Another vote for being old! See you don't get bugged, I didn't.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
E
E
By, we do have some things in common, old and ugly for starters.

Half right, we are both old. grin

we got hit up NUMEROUS times by Reef Village and Capt Morgan's (no one else). Until we got some color...then the first question became 'you guys live here?'. after 4 days they recognized us and just waved. (so does that mean we are neither old nor ugly, or just not old??)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.