Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2818 10/02/00 11:19 AM
B
B
I just spoke with David Yost at FOX. he tells me a call came out of Sun Diver about 2hrs ago, and he has the impression people were ok. That squares with other reports about that group. He confirmed my daughter, Amy Wruble was at Journeys End. A call came from there abt 2PM local time YESTERDAY, and everything was pretty good. No hard news since then. If anyone gets real info on the
current situation at Journeys End, please post same and, if you could contact me --- either [email protected] or tel. 212-579-6682.

Thanks.

#2819 10/02/00 11:31 AM
N
N
Heard from Michael Applebaum at 9:40 a.m. CDT. A cameraman with Fox at Caye Villas next to Sundivers. He reports he and his wife and my future (in 3 months) grandson are fine, in a cement building, food and water available, one phone, long line, and probably will not be able to get out for a few days. No running water or power. Getting ready to bathe in the swimming pool. Good news overall.

Bobby Applebaum
[email protected]

#2820 10/02/00 11:43 AM
K
K
I know you have contacts all over San Pedro. We are trying to get some information about our datugher 'Ana' who is a medical student at St Matthews. She lives at Rommy's place and there are another 3-4 students with her, BJ, Erik. Any infomration regarding Rommys place or the medical students will be appreciated.

Ana's Mother

Kumu

#2821 10/02/00 11:59 AM
S
S
My niece whose in-laws own Essene Way, told me Saturday night that the Fox people had come to their resort and she and her husband have put them up there. Now the big question is--how much water is on the island? I have ham radio operators working and trying to get us information.

#2822 10/02/00 01:17 PM
D
D
I just got off the phone with the relocated US Embassy in Belize City. They have moved to the ambassador's residence. The storm is now centered over them and the airport, which means that the rescue plane still cannot get in. The good news is that they have had indirect communication through Belize's National Emergency Management Organization with a ham operator on Ambergris Caye. As of the last transmission, there have been no reported fatalities or even emergency medical needs.

#2823 10/02/00 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
My daughter is Kelly Weinhart and we last heard from her Saturday morning. She is at Journey's End. They were fine, but understandably scared. If anyone hears about her, please let post a response.

I spoke to someone at the State Department about 10:00am this morning and they are aware that there is a Fox Production group on Ambergris Caye. They will go over to help them as soon as the hurricane moves enough.

#2824 10/02/00 01:40 PM
Help My Uncle buddy & Aunt K (Captain Buddy) on your show? They are missing
at sea. they Are aboard the Jenny. The Coast Guard has a beacon on them off
the reef. If you hear anything PLEASE e-mial me or call me ASAP. The Coast
guard is supposed to send a rescue plane as soon as the wind dies down. We
may know more then. Last word from them was 4pm Sunday the boat was taking on
water.
My email address is [email protected] my phone number is 816-455-5186.
Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.
Laurie Lantz
Kansas City Missouri

#2825 10/02/00 01:48 PM
B
B
My daughter, Amy Wruble, is also believed to be at Journeys End, also with the FOX crew. My take at the moment is that we are pretty sure Sun Diver has no serious casualties and cell phone messages are coming out of there from time-to-time. The storm is waning. I am told by a couple of people familiar with the area that Journeys End is well constructed and unlikely to be in worse shape than Sun Diver. However, absent real word, we have to conced that we just don't know.

Brian Wruble

#2826 10/02/00 02:19 PM
Q
Q Offline
Q
Hello all. My name is Bill McCuistion and I own "Casa Mata", the large house just north of Sundiver. Over the past two weeks a number of the Fox crew stayed there. I have been trying to follow these posts, but of course the information is sketchy, at best.

Should anyone have information to share off-line, I can be reached in Houston at 713-524-9459. My email is "[email protected]".

I will be going down most likely as soon as transportation can be arranged. Any special requests, other than the obvious crowbars and medical supplies, can be forwarded to me. I know that the community around that part of the island is very resourceful and cooperative. I assume that all the smaller boats have been lost, so it will be difficult to get from San Pedro to the Mata Grande area, especially with all the debris that is likely to have built-up on the beaches.

I may be able to call on some friends who own large amphibous cargo planes (e.g. the Grumman Albatross fleet), to bring in supplies from Houston. It may be the only way to land if the airstrip is a mess. They can make the trip from Houston once the weather clears up a bit. I will post updates on this idea once I talk to the aircraft owners.

#2827 10/02/00 02:22 PM
D
D
LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM FOX PEOPLE AT JOURNEY'S END

We just spoke to Tom Colamaria at Journey's End. He says they are all fine. By his count there are 10 people at Journey's End and 30 people at Sundiver, the other locations including Belize City, he is unaware of. The people Tom has seen are:
Amy Wruble
Chris Skipinski
Kelly Weinhart
Kevin Spicer
Joel Watson
Sam Korkis
Allison Taupier
Jeff Taupier

Also, Tom wanted to pass along that Beth, Chase and Paul are fine.

[This message has been edited by David516 (edited 10-02-2000).]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.