Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Crock - you've been lucky! I live here and I always make reservations - even if they have to be changed, and there is no charge for the change.

The first time I flew after buying my Niknon D70 I realized, as we became airborne, that I had left my camera case sitting on the floor at the Tropic Reservation counter. I didn't yell "STOP the plane!" I knew that as soon as we landed I would call them and it was to be two hours before my AA flight left BZE. I only hoped no one had seized the opportunity for a windfall.

As I walked into the luggage retrieval area a young man came up to me and asked "Miss Harriette?" When I said yes, he handed me my camera case. What a shock - I was so stunned I didn 't even ask them how they managed to do that. What an airline!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
T
T
We never worry about getting there from Belize City, but I do reserve when leaving, at least a couple of days ahead. If you have to make a connection it is a good idea. Those planes alwasys seem full. And I agree with Bobber, the level of service and competence with both Maya and Tropic is spectacular.

treetops #297317 09/07/08 10:07 AM
My personal story regarding Tropic Air was when we had a group of 9 people traveling to AC from Minnesota. The flights were pre-booked on Tropic with 2 different flights from Belize City to San Pedro. Only one in our group had ever been there before and was talking everyone through what to expect. One of the employees of Tropic overheard the conversation and quickly interjected that she was going to attempt to get us all on the same flight. They DID and personally paged and tracked us down (we "knew" that we had time to kill so we wandered) to get us on the flight together. I have never ever seen such customer service. They are to be truly commended. cool

It's great to be .....

terrielinn #297339 09/07/08 01:19 PM
twice my lodging place 'forgot' to book my tropic flight (harriette - you may know who that was).

no problem either time. we were on the next flight.

sweetjane #297362 09/07/08 05:31 PM
In all the years I have been traveling to BZ, only once have I known of anyone not making it to AC the same day, reservations or not. Given who that person was, a crotchety old boarder, Tropic undoubtedly decided to yank his chain and make him spend the night! wink

I once had a seriously delayed flight in IAH and got to BZE with a nearly setting sun. Amazingly, I was the only person headed to AC. Tropic sent a plane back to snag me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #297366 09/07/08 06:01 PM
E
E
Awww, but Did they make up for it ! smile

Ernie B #297367 09/07/08 06:24 PM
I wonder what that that kind of service would cost us in the US. Amazing customer service! Gives new meaning to "fly the friendly skys"!!!

Last edited by azbob; 09/07/08 06:25 PM.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #297370 09/07/08 07:58 PM
N
N
Don't think you could even buy that kinda of service from Air Canada... it is non-existant! I wonder if Maya/Tropic would consider training the American/Canadian airlines on how to look after their clients???? lol

S
surfman Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks to all of you for the information and advice. Reservations on Tropic are now in place. Can't wait to visit AC and do some serious fishing and diving.

Surfman

klcman #297541 09/08/08 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by klcman
I once had a seriously delayed flight in IAH and got to BZE with a nearly setting sun. Amazingly, I was the only person headed to AC. Tropic sent a plane back to snag me.

klcman,
one time I missed the last flight out of muncipal airport and Island Air sent me to San Pedro in a 172. Here's a shot of the plane:

[Linked Image]

Now, here's a shot out the windscreen as we lined up on the runway:

[Linked Image]

Those were the days.

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.