Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Would appreciate any recommendations for doing this 2-3 nights in February. I've checked out Raggamuffin - has anyone done this? Belize Sailing Charters is pricey, like TMM. Thanks.

P
P
You want a bareboat charter, or to be a passenger on a boat sailed by someone else, or guidance on how to sail your own boat?

S
S
No problem, Placencia is a 12-14 hour straight run down, 2 or 3 nights makes it nice and relaxing. On the pricing side you get what you pay for.

D
OP Offline
D
None of us have sailed on our own before, so we need a captain. We want a one way trip down. Someone recommended Luis Nunez, LaGaviota. Thanks for your help, guys.

You could check with Tradewinds, they are great to go out with.

http://www.tradewindscruiseclub.com/htmlpages/belize.html

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
S
Tradewinds is operating out of Placencia now.

P
P
You could try contacting all of the sailing companies to see whether they can accommodate a one-way south when you want it. They might have a request for a one-way in the other direction just before or just after! I think (tho' I'm no expert) that only TMM operates out of SP now - all the others have relocated to Placencia.

S
S
Partially correct, TMM is the only Bareboat operation based in SP. Rick runs captained charters as does La Gaviota. For TMM there is a $600US drop off fee for a one way to cover the cost of fuel and staff on the way back.

P
P
Thank you Simon - I knew my knowledge was patchy, but it's still better than that of the OP. They wouldn't be allowed to captain their own boat anyway, would they? Too many reefs to hit. They should add Rick and La Gaviota to their list of firms to contact.

S
S
No they couldn't captain their own boat unless they could show a sailing resume with sufficent experience. The chart briefings for the bareboat charters are very in depth and all "no go" areas are clearly marked on the provided charts so hitting the reef is an very unusual occurence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 209 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.