Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone, you guys are awesome!!
Knowing that there is a 5:30 water taxi eases the problem 100%. We'll check with Maya as an option, also.

All of the permits are in hand, working with BAHA has been very easy, they were prompt on approving trhe permit, answered my questions via email, and faxed it to us on time!!

Keep your fingers crossed that they arrive tomorrow in San Pedro safe and sound. Stop by the Hideaway Bar and meet Guinness(if you already know Fred), or both of them if you don't!

Bob and I arrive Friday afternoon, I can't wait!!! Please, stop by the bar and see us...we have lots of work to do getting the hotel ready for the season, so we'll be around all week!!

ok great. Baha in BZ has always been easy, it was continental that gave a huge non sense headache and made it a nightmare. Glad you have the permit in advance.

Karmin will say a doggie prayer for Fred and (?? name of dog) tonight.

pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, His name is "Guiness"...because he's that black and tan brindle color dog, not because we're drunks!

I just hope he gets along with our resident pot licker, Lucky.
Keli, are you the same gal I met several years ago at paradise Villas?

It is not BAHA you'd have an issue with, it is leaving the US! I need to post the updated requirements since the last one posted and the one on your blog.

Tim, what do you mean BAHA won't fax to you? Are you trying to get an animal down here now too? They fax upon request and charge an extra $35 for the fax when you arrive.

BAHA at internataional is open 7 days a week including holidays until the aiport closes now.

pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
We found the agent at Continental cargo very helpful in answering questions and making sure everything is in order. if I ever have to do this again, that would be my first call!
I'll have Fred post his experience on here AFTER it's over!

super!! That is always my first call along with BAHA too. However last time when I got there ticket agent gave me a different story than the live animal desk and cargo. I travel 4 times a year with karmin too.

pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, again, thank to all of you...just exchanged emails with Maya Air, they can fly them both for $126 US...woo hoo!

yes, it is great. Where on Tropic you pay $165 for just the dog!

If he can do the water taxi there is no charge for the dog and is a lot less headache and easier than a puddle jumper with the dog. Once Guiness gets out of his kennel in BZE it is really a headache and hard to put the dog back into the kennel and fly them again. Karmin screamed in panic the entire Tropic flight and was banging on the kennel door like a huge monster (yes, we paid three seats before we knew Maya was one) It was terrible!! Everyone was covering their ears and felt terrible for her.

Since then it has always been water taxi and she loveeeees it!! She is literately smiling on the water taxi and loves to stick her head out.

Karmin says a prayer for Guiness tomorrow

Greetings from my last water taxi trip!!
[Linked Image]
So happy to be on my way home!

[Linked Image]
Ahhhh, enjoying the breeze smiling and winking!

[Linked Image]
One big smile for the camera!

[Linked Image]
Ah man, it's been a long two days traveling home.

pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh what a sweety! I think this will be Guiness one and only plane trip, after this one, it will definitely be the water taxi!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.