Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Are you familliar with the saying "money talks, bullsh_t walks!" I am surprised that the developement was delayed as long as it was. There is nothing impossible to do down here if you throw enough money at it. Just a sad fact of life.

Reality..What a concept!
That really makes me feel comfortable.

perhaps now we understand better the motivation behind those loads of sand that were recently delivered to the road north of the bridge ........ Oh scuablady you thanked this man far too soon.

was thinking that at the time too, diane....

So sad to see that the new government is just the same as the previous one; competing to put their principles aside for the almighty dollar!

Live and let live
Having just the Environmental Approval does not make this a fait accomplis - but it does appear that this thing has legs.

If the Master Plan was in place this would not be an issue.

P
P
Before I say anything else, be assured that I am opposed to the South Beach Project and have been from the beginning. But there is one issue that may be allowing this thing to move forward. That is how to balance the need to stop a bad project with the need for investors to believe that Belize is a stable and sound investment whether or not the government changes.
There is no way that the project can move forward without local planning board approval. If the sitting planning board can be influenced to deny, the process is over other than changes and appeals. If the planning board can be influenced to approve, the project goes forward.
And I agree with Diane, this really illustrates the need for a functioning master plan

Still no response on my request for a "scaled down" "approved" phase 1 plot map.

Could a local that is on good terms with Jeff obtain one and post it for the rest of us to see?

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Diane and Pam: Well said.
In the new book about Bacalar Chico there is a layout of the master plan that was written back in early 1992 (see page 119)but never adopted. How can we, now, push to get this plan in place? Since there is an election coming up in March now is the time to get things done!

AND - I was trying to use honey instead of vinegar. LOL

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 01/02/09 10:20 AM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
Still no response on my request for a "scaled down" "approved" phase 1 plot map.

Perhaps its just me, but I can't help but wonder if it were a multi million dollar project of mine that had finally got approval after years of contention, my wife was going to and from the US for surgery and therapy, and it was Christmas and New Year, if I would put getting information to a bunch of folks who cant wait to find something else to complain about right at the very top of my to-do list?

Happy New Year Jeff and Pam smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (OLDBAY), 140 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.