Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hello,

I have family coming on a cruise ship for one day only - arriving in Bze city at 8am leaving at 5pm. My question - is this enough time to come over to San Pedro for the day? If it is, how would you suggest they do it? Apparently the boat "docks" at the water taxi - how far of a cab is that to municipal airport to fly here.

Also, second part to the question, if they can't make it over here - what can i show them in bze city for an entire day?!?!?!

B
B
Canukgirl,
My wife and I went to Belize for the first time on a cruise ship. We had the same amount of time, 8=5,. We made arrangements on the ship to go to San Pedro, (getting off the cruise ship on a early tender is the problem) as it turned out, because of rough seas and a front moving in , out excursion was canceled. After a heated discussion with the Purser, we boarded a tender...snokel gear in hand...
Upon arriving on shore, not sure what to do,,,
A local young man offered to take us on a snokel trip to corral caye, we stated we wanted to get to San Pedro and Shark-Ray alley...He said we would have to fly...It was what we did...We were taken to Municipal Airport, boarded a flight to San Pedro. Spent the day, snokeled, and had ceviche at Lilly's...Caught the 3:30 (I think) flight back...
So the only thing is getting off an early tender.
Hope it works out..
Be cool, Be careful and God Bless
Dale and Judy

Depends which ship: Norwegian starts tendering at around 8.30 which means if they get a 1st tender ticket and arrive on the dock at 8.50 there is time to run next door and get the 9.00am San Pedro Water Taxi for a $20us round trip ticket, arriving at around 10.20

They will have to be on the 3.30 back for the last tender to the ship at 5.00pm so around 5 hours in San Pedro, plenty of time to get a little local flavor

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Yes, there is time. Just got to plan right.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
Have them take the flight. The boat trip will take two hours off their SP time.

Change your Latitude
The 9.30 from municipal arrives @ 9.55, and the flight back in order to get the last tender @ 5.00 is the 3.30 on Tropic, same as the ferry, or the 4.00 on Maya.

Savings of 25-55 minutes and a cost of $47us per person more, plus cabs to and from municipal.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, yes they would have to take the airplane as my grandma is coming and at 86, i don't think the boat would be great for her back.

How long is the taxi ride from the boat to the municipal airport in bze city?

Maybe 20 minutes....just be sure to have them hustle up and get on the first tender boat off the cruise ship.

Change your Latitude
C
OP Offline
C
If we decided to just meet them in bze city - do you know of anything to do for the day?

You could go to the zoo, tourist village, have lunch at Riverside....depends on how much walking Grandma wants to do!

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.