Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the thoughful post, pug. I don't see it as an either/or quality of life issue. And waiting until the people living there decide it's time to do it might merely be a matter of bringing the issue to the fore. It's for the children. Growing up in clean air might be a good thing.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
P
P
Is the air that bad from exhaust fumes? A lot of dust when it's dry but exhaust fumes worse than Cities!!!! I don't see it.

Phil, I have to agree. We're usually down there 2-3 months at a time and I've never noticed the fumes from gas golf carts. Now I will say that there are a lot of trucks and other conventional type vehicles that are real oil burners, and in addition I'm sure the owners pull every pollution control device off, if they had them in the first place, in an attempt to conserve fuel.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
'Attempt' is correct, go ahead and pull off all of your emission devices and see how well it runs then. NOT !!!!!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
S
Originally Posted by LOANSUM - AL K.
Phil, I'm sure the owners pull every pollution control device off, if they had them in the first place, in an attempt to conserve fuel.

Amazing! You seem to know all about our community...and the practices here.
A new vehicle has warranty on it and must not be tampered with or risk voiding the warranty altogether. The vehicles are serviced by an authorized service facility and maintained to the same standards as in the US. No one is gonna pay upwards of BZ$75,000 dollars and let the warranty get voided.

[/quote]Amazing! You seem to know all about our community...and the practices here.[/quote]
Jesse, I'm not claiming to know it all, just speculation. Again, I feel the majority of the pollution, which IMHO is not that great, is coming from the conventional vehicles.

Jesse, spending approximately 6 months per year on the Island, I think I've learned a little about the community and it's lovely people.

S
S
Jesse, give me a break. VERY few vehicles imported to the island are new and under warranty. There are more gallons of oil (trans and engine) spilled from crappy old vehicles every day than there are vehicles under warranty. If they aren't old when they arrive they sure as heck are within a month. If you can show me one factory authorized mechanic on the island for any major brand of automobile/truck I owe you a case of beer.

S
S
Deliver my beer to Belican Supply on Coco Plum Drive. i'll give you copies of the mechanics licenses and agreements to service for dealers.

It all boils down to, how big of a carbon footprint do you want to leave... I can assure you that if everyone gave a little consideration to the problem the whole world would be better off. Now before you start casting stones, how many fossil fuel burning vehicles do you own? What do you do with the waste oil produced by these vehicles? What difference does a qualified mechanic have to do with anything? Now tell me that its only a small quantity, and in the long run does not make a difference. We are all guilty of passing the buck....

Reality..What a concept!
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.