Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
OP Offline
V
Really, really helpful everyone. That's exactly what I needed to know - can I find peace and quiet and where. I think I"m getting a better picture of the lay of the lay land there and that I'm looking for is doable so I need a proper, longer visit next time. We don't have a huge budget and have investigated building instead of buying finished. We had put an offer in on a house on C.C. but it fell through earlier this year.

I don't want to be a hermit but we are nature lovers and want to hear and see it with the option of course of seeing friends and going out for some great food and drinks.

Really good points made on here and I really appreciate your help.

Good post full of information. As you can see we all have our preferences. I purposely did not want beach front as I do not want to be responsible for keeping it clean and I did not want the bicycle traffic. I wanted to see the sea but I also like to see the lagoon. I found my ideal lot for sale by owner and we both agreed on price. Together we went to Belmopan and did the title transfer - it was a piece of cake. I got 2nd row back, fronting on the road with only one lot across the road on the lagoon. So, I have a view of both.

I am just north of the Palapa bar and there are still many undeveloped lots in this area. Many people call it Tres Cocos but it is actually El Torsoro (the treasure). Just yesterday I learned that one of my neighbors is seriously considering selling a house and the lot next to mine has a for sale sign on it.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
L
L
We have lived on the south end for about 23 yrs. I agree with Travlin Man, not a lot of traffic on the beach. An occassional bicycle, but no golf carts go by. Most of the beach front houses are far enough away from the main road that it remains very quiet. While we do use our cistern most of the time, it is definitly very nice to have city water as a back up during dry season or if you have guests who like to take epic showers.
The town board has paved the road just past Victoria House and it makes driving to town much better during heavy rains. I have gone over the bridge on rainy days and find it really jarring. Being able to have things delivered or just running to a grocery for milk is also a plus on the South end. We have many resturants within easy walking distance as well. The North end also has wonderful resturants of course. A lot depends on what you want in your life style, but sometime "convenience" can be a god send in Paradise.

R.B. Mernitz
V
OP Offline
V
OK, we're checking flights! When does rainy season start? Had no idea there was so much more to S.P. There are some really interesting points to consider. It's nice to hear all the different sides and points of view.

B
B
Everybody's giving good advice. One of my favorite things to do on the island is look at real estate. I bike, golf cart, and boat ride all over. It's a relatively small island. If you meet with one of the reputable agents mentioned above, at some point they'll probably give you a map of the island that has areas like Tres Cocos, Basil Jones, etc. (areas whose names you'll see mentioned) labeled. Then after going up and down the island, you'll quickly get a sense of the areas, and soon get a better idea of where you might like to buy.

Last edited by belizelaw; 06/02/09 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
S
S
Hi Cancon08,

I own property in Mata Grande, 2nd row off the beach. The area is absolutely pristine in my opinion. You have Rojo lounge (extremely cool and the view is incredible off the dock), Mata Chica (Phenomenal Massages and Mojitos) tranquil and beautiful. The area is very secluded but at the same time owned by very caring and prominent owners. I feel the 2nd and 3rd row lots are the "Deals" on the island if you don't have "Trump" cash. But either way I feel very blessed to be the proud owner of 2nd row 5 miles from the cut and feel that it is one of the most tranquil spots on the island. (Although If i had the money I would buy all of Tranquility Bay area.)I find it the absolutely most beautiful on the island, bar none!!

V
OP Offline
V
Great input guys. Can anyone send me us a map that shows the areas such as Tres Cocos, Basil, Jones, Mata Grande, and all the other areas mentioned by others on this post? We'd be fine with 2nd row from the front if we could catch the trade winds, have a view of the water, close access to the water and not be looking right into someone else's window. I like the sound of 'deals' right now. And some cool eating places and other benefits of civilization nearby without having to go into 'town' would be ideal too.

G
G

http://sunriserealty.bz/~sunrise/template/greenhouse/maps/mapisland.jpg

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapbig.html

//AmbergrisCaye.com/maps

G
G

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

http://www.palmarosa.biz/images/map_1004_large2.jpg

//ambergriscaye.com/maps/index.html

//ambergriscaye.com/maps/art/MapIslandbareas.jpg

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.