Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
Check out this tasty new restaurant and cafe open at Exotic Caye Beach Resort. Paul and Sara, the new owners/operators of the restaurant want everyone to come and enjoy Sara's delicious cooking. Here you can also now find the new home of Caye Coffees famous roasted Caribbean Coffee. Enjoy dark roasted coffee, light roasted coffee or their special, signature, Maya Blend roast coffee or on a hot day, come try an iced Caye-puccino. YUMMY! Breakfast fare includes: Home made flour tortillas, made to order breakfast burritos and Sara's bellyful breakfast wrap smoldering with cheese, bacon and eggs. Or try some fresh, hot Pancakes served with Maple Syrup or Cinnamon French toast, all for only BZ$5 each.
Open for Breakfast and Lunch 6am - 5pm Monday through Saturday. Dine in, on the beach or take away.
Daily Lunch Specials, fresh and delicious everyday exclusively at Exotic Caye Beach Resort.

San Pedro Daily

S
S
Excellent chili for lunch today....YUUUMMM!!!

ohhh, cool. good location, good coffee. i wish them luck!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from a friend.....

Yes, Caye Coffee is back in business. They have had a series of rough rides but hopefully they are back on track. My oldest Belizean friend has been working with them for years and recently opened a new restaurant on the island.

They were the ones that tried to ship a boatload of coffee to the U.S. a few years back and then the boat sank and they lost most of the coffee.

They were out of business for a while because of an issue with the GOB. They had been getting their coffee from some farm in Antigua, Guatemala, and they are doing that once again. They were told at some point by the GOB that they would have to start buying beans from Belizean farmers, I believe some outfit down south in Toledo. So they checked around and found that none of the suppliers would have anything for many months and whenever they did there would be no decaf. So CC petitioned the GOB and were told "tough luck." So they went out of business. I recall around that time I stopped seeing Guatemalan coffees in the markets in Cayo and one Chinese grocer told me he wasn't allowed to get it anymore.

Around the time my friend said they were back in business some months ago I noticed Guatemalan coffees appearing at many stores around Cayo again . My guess is, and it's only a guess, that Belizean suppliers were unable to meet the demand and the government reversed itself. I'll find out more next week when I head out to the island.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.