Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35883 03/10/01 07:38 PM
OP Offline
It's taken me two weeks to get back into the rhythm of life here again (and acclimated to the cold weather here in WI - brrr) but back from a glorious week on AC. Spent the time every day sailing on the catamaran El Gato and snorkeling. Truly a pleasure! Stayed at Lily's and loved the porch in the morning. Up early every day usually waiting for sunrise and just watching the days begin - must be the salt water huh?. Quick breakfasts most mornings at Ruby's Deli. I am now HOOKED on johnny cakes. Dinners for the group at many different places - tried alot of local (kudos for all your inputs on this board, we used the guides extensively!!. Favorites were Jambel's Jerk Pit, the LC chicken Q, Los Cocos, Celi's and Waragumas (catch-of-the day fish burrito was to die for, ate here 3 times!) and most every night was coconut ice cream for dessert (and of course cold Belikin to top it all off). Also tried the street vendors one night, so much to choose from. Sailed and snorkeled all over - N. end at Mexico and Mata (?I think) Rocks to Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley and Coral Gardens to the S. Spent a day and sailed to Caye Caulker. Spent a half day fishing (or more acurately feeding the little ones!) though we did catch a few for beachside lunch. Spent another day with our trusty golf cart exploring the island - the pull ferry is a MUST and the N. end of the island is beautiful. Many birds and lots of wonderful smelling flowers. Even tried night snorkeling around the piers (that was an experience, saw 2 green morays). Phew, I'm wore out just writing it all down again. It was an AWESOME vacation!!
I am already dreaming of the next trip down..

#35884 03/10/01 09:08 PM
M
M
Great report! Once you have been to AC,you understand the magic of the island. We can't wait to go back in September!

Mary and Scott
#35885 03/11/01 05:12 PM
B
B
Snowbird - Could you provide a few more details about Lily's? Going down in May! Thanks!!

#35886 03/11/01 06:28 PM
I'd also like more info on Lily's. Did you find it noisy there? I'm a light sleeper. I know you don't mind getting up to watch the sunrise but I don't want to do that everyday.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#35887 03/12/01 12:52 PM
L
L
Sounds just great. Thanks for the report.

#35888 03/12/01 05:35 PM
M
M
Thanks for the nice trip report!

#35889 03/13/01 09:34 PM
D
D
Dear bicycle man
My husband and I has stayed at Lilies for the
last four years. The best part of Lilies is
the porch. The rooms are clean and beds are
very comfortable. We alway get the 1st floor
beach front room. It has 2 Queen beds and
a refrig. As far as being quiet during the
week there is no problem. Then comes Saturday
night and when the bar closes. There are
people that can get pretty loud.
We close the window and turn on the A/C
For one or two nights this worked pretty good
and I am a very light sleeper.
We also put all the chairs in the back hall
and that kept the people off the porch.
This isn't really Lilies fault.
For the dollar it is still the best place on the island.
The price is going up this May and it still is pretty reasonable.
Big D

#35890 03/14/01 02:25 PM
OP Offline
bicycleman and seashell:
Re: Lily's - see the message/reply above. Same folks from the group I was with but they have been many more times than I (and I am so jealous!). I recommend seaside rooms just for the setting/porch area - I believe upstairs are only singles tho. Inside rooms I haven't stayed in. We preferred not to use AC so always had the windows open to the breeze and had no real bothersome noise. I liked Lily's location and as said above the rooms were clean and beds comfy. Downstairs rooms did get a bit sandy at times if door left open d/t the breezes blowing but setting out a litle tub of water to rinse b4 going in would solve this (bright idea that came later). Staff friendly and cheerful - of course everyone on the island is!! I'd stay @ Lily's again and again. Hope this helps - wherever you stay, enjoy! R.

#35891 03/14/01 03:01 PM
Thanks for your reponses. I usually stay at places with kitchenettes but I'd been thinking I might be able to extend my San Pedro budget by staying at more economical places. I was concerned about the noise but if as you say, you are a light sleeper, as am I, and it was no problem, then hey . . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#35892 03/16/01 02:53 PM
B
B
Thanks much to all for the info on Lily's. I have a single oceanfront reserved in May & can not wait to go.It was really easy to book via the internet. Thanks again!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.