Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The recession is hurting consumers everywhere and sales are down in most businesses. At La Isla Bonita, News Five found out this week that hotel occupancy was considerably down over the same period last year. There was a silver lining, however, for one businessman in the food business. Proprietor of El Fogon Diner in San Pedro, Norman Eiley, says that he is holding his own because of the type of food he offers.

Norman Eiley, Proprietor, El Fogon Diner, San Pedro
"Surprisingly increasing, even though things supposed to be slow, things been on the rise for us. We've been in operation for three years and for the first two and a half years we've been dealing with locals a lot and the locals start telling people about a real local place because we kept fire hearth. That's what they want to see and then word of mouth and some of the hotels recommend their guests to come to El Fogon. So it's constantly on the rise that way. You can see for yourself how it is. We have to expand-not necessarily expand in size, but in food - more pots or bigger pots."

Eiley says he believes that their unique touch, coupled with small incentives they give their habitual customers, are what contributes to the steady growth in business.

B
B
they are awesome!!!

gibnut tastes like roast beef

Cinnamon plantains

only thing I have not LOVED there was stew fish, to much gringo in me I guess.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big time junkie of El Fogon....

R
R
Great place, I would eat lunch there practically everyday if rag girl didn't rein me in. Should mention that Susana is a sweet heart and always makes me happy to be there.

PS They even opened one night for supper for us and we where the only customers. Talk about going the extra mile.

Last edited by ragman; 12/04/09 12:32 PM. Reason: change hot to heart

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
S
S
Their flavorings are very unique, service is great, and the atmosphere is quaint and peaceful. Don't even get me started on the fried chicken smile

We've asked Susana to build a bedroom for us at El Fogon so that we can move in and live there permanently.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

B
B
ragman,

thanks for the edit, blush

"sweet hot" was an eyebrow archer

rag girl was likely wondering the same

AND - I like their "community" tables. I've met some great people while sharing a table.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.