Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I know this is a very long shot, but here we go. My 15 year old son's glasses "bounched" off the golf cart somewhere between Coco Beach Resort (north of town) and the Catholic Rectory (in town). His vision is really poor and I feel so bad for him. Is our only option to take a trip to Belize City for a new pair so he can experience this beautiful place? We are here until January 9th.
I've got my laptop, so feel free to send suggestions.
Someone out there could save the day!
Thanks so much,
heartPam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Note to travelers - bring spare glasses / extra contact lenses.
Not to self - buy a spare pair of glasses.

Hope somebody finds them - it could happen!

D
D
We'll be making that trip multiple times starting Saturday and will be on the lookout for the case. That north road is pretty bad if it's been raining, but we did recover a shoe lost 6 months earlier on our last trip! It's easy to imagine some of the places it might have "bounced" out!

OP Offline
Thank you Debbie for sharing your lost shoe story - there's still hope! I offered a reward (and red licorice) to the darling children who live behind Coco Beach and they have been searching, but to no avail. I brought them the licorice yesterday as a small token of appreciation for their efforts. After lots of hugs and thank yous, they ran down the road with licorice in hand to continue the search. My love for these children grows deeper every time I come back to the island.
Anyway, back to the glasses (or lack of). Yes, having a second pair of glasses made before the trip would have been ideal. Contacts are a moot point since his eyes won't tolerate them.
Here's the important question that I need you locals to help me find out. Is there an Optometrist on the island? We now have a Dentist on the island full-time, DDS Severo Guerrero, Jr Tel:226-4283 Cell:629-4741. Maybe we'll get lucky and not have to make a trip to Belize City. However, if we need to go to Belize City, who would you recommend? Sorry to be such a pain in the butt - but I've got a teenager that is bumping into walls and getting a bit "testy" if you know what I mean!!
Your knowledge and experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pam
FYI: FedEx would charge almost $100.00US to ship his old scratched pair of glasses to the island. Then there's the issue of duty, clearing Customs, you all know the drill...
Thanks again Debbie for keeping your eyes "peeled". That's a very kind offer.

D
D
I'm sorry that I didn't think to have you ship the old, extra pair to me before our trip, Pam. I would gladly have brought them down. I've got 6 young men traveling that road on Sunday, so I'll have them keep their sharp eyes open.

OP Offline
My fingers are crossed. That reward also applies to those 6 young men!
Would love to meet you - maybe we could have luch at the new Bakery on Front Street.
No rain = No rain Please...
Pam

D
D
Lunch would be fun! I'll try to send you an email when we get settled and figure out our schedule. In the meantime, we're in Belizean Cove #1 starting Sunday if you're going past!

Debbie F.

OP Offline
I have seen your unit at The Coves - awesome place!
We have a Casita at Coco Beach - just a short distance North of The Coves. If you aren't already aware, both properties were built by the same developer, Sandy Point Resorts. The Penland Family has been creating amazing resorts on the island for years and we feel blessed to be part of their extended family. Call Coco Beach and they will ring our place or leave a message.
I'm sure all this rain has swallowed my son's glasses by now. Oh well, a new friendship might have come from this unfortunate mishap! Hope to meet you soon. Maybe Andrew will have glasses being made by then!
Pam

D
D
Good luck with getting new glasses. We'll still keep our eyes open - remember the lost shoe!
The Penlands are great people. We stayed at Belizean Shores on our first time down and all trips until our condo was complete. I love the look of Coco Beach, but we needed 3 bedrooms. We usually bring a crowd when we come down!
I'm looking forward to getting together. We've got an overnight flight, so it's time to pack! (STOP the rain!!!)

Debbie F.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.