Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hi All
I do Animal Rescue Transports here in the U.S. And please before anyone goes off on me that there are enough dogs in our shelters in the U.S being euthanized why am I going out of my way to help a dog in Belize my answer is I help ANY animal in need.

Now to my question. A person here in the U.S went down to Belize for vacation and found a stray dog that she totally fell in love with she has this dog in a facility that is keeping him safe for her while she figures out how to get him to the U.S. My question is do any of you know if this is possible? She came to me for help since I coordinate Animal Rescue Across the U.S and into Canada, and have helped get Animals to Alaska, but I've not ever done anything like this, but told her I would see what I could do and if there was help.

Do any of you that live in Belize know of any organizations that help stray dogs in your area get to the U.S?? is anyone down in Belize visiting willing to bring this dog back to the U.S with them? the reason the person that found him could not is because he Must be quarantined and have a Health Ceritificate for X amount of days before flying out of the country and into the U.S

If anyone can assist me please contact me at
[email protected]

Thank you and again no emails about how horrible I am helping a stray dog get into the U.S when we have so many already trust me I help MANY dogs/cats in the U.S get out of the shelters and to rescues EVERY weekend setting up and coordinating rescue transports

S
S
It's done all the time. Contact [email protected] I'm sure they can help as they've done it many times before.

http://sagahumanesociety.org/

C
C
Caye Caulker Humane Society..I am the Director..and yes its a pretty simple process...very easily done..it does take vaccines..health certificate..and coordination with the airlines...SAGA is a great organization...We also provide that service....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
why did the dog need to be quarantined? A dog should not need a health certificate for a minimum amount of days before departing Belize to the US. The closer to the depature date the better and it should be less than 7 days to the entry date to the US. I used to get mine the day before I left BZ.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.