Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
i wanted to grill out one night while i'm down in april. can anyone recommend a good place to buy steaks? could i freeze steaks and pack them in my luggage and bring them down?

C
C
Pretty hard to buy good steaks here...I have brought them down in a soft cooler with ice packs frozen with never a problem..you have to have the USDA stamp on the package..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
P
P
Disagree. The Beef here is tasty but can be chewier. Tenderloin or PorterHouse are excellent and really good off the grill. Lino's sells both.

B
B
Disagree. If you think the beef in Belize is tasty, you have been away from good grain fed beef for too long. Lots of things to love in Belize, but beef....not so much. South Side Meats in Belize City does have some imported cuts that are pretty tasty but expensive.

T
T
Originally Posted by beachbumin
Disagree. If you think the beef in Belize is tasty, you have been away from good grain fed beef for too long. Lots of things to love in Belize, but beef....not so much. South Side Meats in Belize City does have some imported cuts that are pretty tasty but expensive.

I completely agree...I've never been a huge fan of the beef in Belize but I'm from Texas...lol. Love the chicken, fish, and lobster though!

PHIL almost always agree with your thoughts ,but the beef here is not good sorry .It is not not the real deal stuff.Then again your A Brit what do you know about A good steak ?? LOL.Next trip you are in new york I will invite you to A real deal steak house.One my cousin vinny is the owner of!!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!
The best steak I ever ate was in NY at a place called Rothmans I ordered the fillet Mignon and when it came I have no idea what animal it came off but it was the size of the dinner plate and 3 inchs thick. Nothing else could fit on the plate and the sides were delivered literally on side dishes.

It really was good

With regards to steak in Belize buy the Filet Mignon in comparison to the New york one I think it comes from a mouse but its actually very tender and good but you dont see it sold in restaurants too much, as its expensive, not too bad when you buy the whole roll from the meat shop though.

Gaz

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 04/09/10 06:57 AM.
C
C
Mexico

K
K
esp. BAJA

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
The only good steak I ever had in Belize was at The San Ignacio Hotel last year at the BETEX dinner function. Excellent filet - tasty and tender. I would never order Beef in Belize anywhere else except maybe a burger at El Divino (actually I would never order one anywhere but my kids and friends have and said they were excellent.) But I am not really a beef kind of person overall.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.