Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
A C Offline
Originally Posted by Peter Jones
There must be a lot we aren't being told.

agreed

S
S
If Saga closes, this will be another disappointment for San Pedro....
Seems to me that San Pedro is going backwards in its progress for the things we need the most.

Lets allow for more condos, hardware stores, taxis etc....duh.
(insert sarcasm here)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The Veterinary License Board is dragging their feet in issuing a license for Saga's new vet because of complaints from the previous veterinarian who walked out and opened her own "for profit" clinic at Pedro's Inn.�� In the meantime, Saga cannot survive without the Clinic income.� As you can read, Saga's donations only make up 25% of the money it takes in to support the organization.� Saga's new vet, a great gal from New Mexico, has been here for two months twiddling her thumbs and we will lose her shortly if something doesn't happen fast.� The "for profit's" clinic rates are such that the average client cannot afford them besides the fact that Saga does all of the community services listed in the petition and operates the shelter for strays.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry so slow to post that, the reason, I am traveling. I should have posted the reason at the start of the thread. Chalk this trouble up to bad Peter and his lady the vet. They don't want any competition, so they want to gut SAGA. Nice folks. No real surprise with Pedro tho. Not a nice guy.

Is this the same Pedro who has in the past risen 10 of thousands of $$$$ for Saga.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't know what he has raised for them in the past , but he is trying to shut them down to benefit his ladies' business. They want NO MORE free spaying clinics, as they would much rather folks had to PAY his vet friend. Etc etc they want to kill SAGA so they can make more money.

Sorry to hear this, but then it is 3 years since I lived on the Island.

Last edited by Inplub; 06/10/10 07:37 AM.
To be fair the new animal hospital did offer free neuters and spays in January for famillys in need according to one of Pedros websites.

Surely there is space for both a charity such as SAGA and a normal paying vet hospital.

There are a lot of people that will just not be able to take care of there animals without the work of SAGA and that will be bad for the animals of San Pedro as they just wont take them to the vet as they wont have the money for it.

I think Pedro should have an opportunity to put there side as I checked there site and it looks like they offer to assist SAGA with money to do there work if needed and if I am reading there site correctly they also offer to do free work supported by the foundation they run.

Gaz

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 06/10/10 08:00 AM.
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
They are working hard every day to shut down SAGA, believe me. The rest is window dressing. BS if anything to throw off the scent. Ain't gonna work, the dogs are on them and have real good sniffers.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
They are working with the powers that be to shut SAGA. The petition is to help fight back with the authorities, to show a need exists ( obviously ) for low cost services. Many folks simply cannot afford the vets rates so they have no animal services.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.