Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
J
J
[Linked Image]

This is looking o the north on one of the subdivision roads in the western end of the Grand Belizean Estates subdivision.
(The road in front of Lots #1059 and 1078.)

This is what people see when they visit Grand Belizean Estates. Now granted, the subdivision is 192 acres in size, so the terrain and the tree cover will vary from one part of the subdivision to another, and the lots are categorized as standard, prime or super-premium based on their size and/or location. But this is representative of the subdivision and what you will see. You get the idea... (Before you ask...the lots on the left #1059 and 1078 are prime lots because they are on the corner and both have sold, while the lots straight ahead are standard and are in the middle of the block, and are still available.)

Live the life less ordinary.
[Linked Image]

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
E
E
The Goverment of Belize should open an investigation into how David Mitchell got all of his properties.If any sign of wrongdoing is found then his remaining properties such as Costa Del Sol, should then be compensated back to the people of this island.This would be the same way that he got all of his land.The goverment of Canada should also be invited to participate in this investigation.

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on this.
Isn't one of the parcels of land mentioned in the article above Grand Belize Estates?
or is it the bird sanctuary at Los Salones? http://bubbasbirdblog.blogspot.com/
It says the Minister Gaspar Vegan has put a caution on a portion of the propertys.
I suppose thats a caution on the title at the lands office..

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
Juan Grande don't you go to church? I can't understand how a so call religious man like yourself is taking sides with such a project which broke so many environmental laws and looked for loopholes to jump through. Anyways that's another issue.

Haven't you read Revelaton 11:18 which says that when Christ's Kingdom begins to reign and the nations are angry and the time for judgment arrives, then God will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth." Today the ruination of the earth, and specifically this island has escalated to an alarming degree. Greed and corruption has resulted in tremendous loss of our ecosystems. Coastal Development has threatened the way of life on land and on sea. Happily God will execute judgement on those proud, godless humans who are responsible for earth's sorry state, which includes you. For us here on Ambergris Caye this includes dishonest real estate agents who keep selling properties like those at Grand Belize Estates, again you Juan.

Yes Juan there may be areas of GBE that might be suitable for development but a large portion is not. In one of your older post you showed a partial subdivision map why not show the whole thing?

knowingly ruining the integrity of the lagoonal systems by subdividing and building that unplanned road places u among those ruing he earth even if your only selling the properties your being an accomplice. As a religious person you should know this.

Deuteronomy 32:5 states:"they have acted ruinously on their own part; they are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted." Yes you all are "crooked and twisted". I am sure your God does not aprove of your dealings. you should be ashamed to be associated with such a dishonest developer like Mitchelle, but again your all "crooked and twisted".

E
E
David Mitchell has not paid the S.P.T.C. all of the monies he promised them for the sale of properties in G.B.E. David Mitchell has stop building his road even though he claims that the S.P.T.C. was doing the project. He was paying Graniels workers.David Mitchell is responsible for the problems we had during easter holidays with our water with his Sugar Caye project. The water problem has not been fixed,just wait till high season. David Mitchell sent his workers to kill all the little birds and their nests in Cayo Rosario so that he could then claim that there is NO birds there. Everybody in San Pedro knows that has always been a bird area.He is now filling another area beside Sugar Caye for another compensation,the area he is filling is a lagoon.David Mitchell has bought our local area rep just like he bought the last one.We shall not FORGET, elections are coming and we will make sure that the people remember. I repeat ALL of his properties he got were compensations for SHADY DEALS and now the G.O.B cannot find receipts.THE PEOPLE OF SAN PEDRO DESERVE THEIR LAND BACK AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED BACK WITH HIS COSTA DEL SOL AREA.The people in a village beside Belmopan went and got a huge area of land recently there that had some problems with G.O.B. This island has a lot of people that deserve a piece of land '' Costa del Sol '' would be a great place for them, it is only fair.YOU TEK WE TEK BACK.

M
M
This topic is also on the local govt and environment forum. This is what I posted there.
All land speculators should beware. Laws and regulations can change. The curse of Ambergris Caye, besides a government that does not care, is land speculators. Just be cause someone buys land does not give them rights to build.
Developers provide services and infrastructure while land speculators do not, they just bet on the land becoming more valuable. All the Pinkerton Estate was acquired by the GOB under a law that says the land must be for public use.
Under the UDP land was given complete with titles to First Corp for resale. This was around the airstrip. When the PUP came in they revoked the titles because of the law. Johnny then sold it all off to other private interests, contrary to law.
The GBE land was acquired because two of our locals, Jimbo and Milo concocted a sale of "Mandy's Caye" just to the west of Caye Caulker to Mitchell. Problem was the Island belonged to someone else and the GOB had been pressured to issue title to Jimbo and Milo. With Florencio as Minister the Island was given back to the rightful owners and somehow Mitchell ended up with GBE, all quite illegally of course as the land was acquired originally for public purpose.
I would be very reluctant to invest in such a project that brags about it's substandard sized lots. Minimum distance between septic and well is 100' , can't be done on the size of lots they have. They may find it difficult to get permits to build if we had a correct master plan that was enforced.
We must try to get back the lands that Johnny illegally sold on North Ambergris Caye. I have some attorneys interested in pursuing it but we have no funds.

I've searched the net for a map that shows the old Pinkerton Estate
portions of Ambergris , anyone know where it can be viewed?
I did find this quot from Burrow about Musa
There is this climate of utter suspicion with respect to the lands at North Ambergris Caye. The Prime Minister does not in presenting this motion offer us the courtesy of attaching some kind of a map. It is, I repeat, an insult to ask us to approve this without knowing where the lands are. How dare the Prime Minister come to the House like that? Especially, I am saying again, in this climate of suspicion where he and his Minister of Natural Resources, have been presiding over the wholesale giveaway of national lands to cronies including reserved national lands."

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
"Burrow"???? Could you mean Barrow...the PM?

yes with an 'a' I'm the worst when it comes to spelling.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 210 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.