Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am sure the grief is still an everyday emotion with those that lost loved ones in that horrific event. My thoughts are with you and the brave firefighters, policemen and others that managed to survive having given their all to save those that they could. We would all do well to remember that life is precious and all too short in the best of times. Lest we forget those that are on the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan and in scores of places around the world where there are people that would do us harm I say thank you!

Captain One Iron
We will never forget the lives that were lost and the brave men and women who put their lives "on the line" to save our freedom.

To the families of who lost love ones: My thoughts and prayers are with you on this day.

Bob Boyett

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Never forget, and be vigilant, they are still out there.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
E
E
CaptOneIron, this may strike you as nit pickin, but there are no "front lines" in Afgan or Iraq as there were no "front lines" in Nam. Just a point of clarity.

OP Offline
Ernie I appreciate the point as I was in Viet Nam but I meant in the sense that wherever an American serviceman is located in those countries that that is the front line. No Guts - No Air Medal! Sierra Hotel!!!

Captain One Iron
P
P
It's amazing how it all seems like just yesterday. I can never forget, this is the day that changed the world.
I can remember the anger and the sorrow I felt as I saw it happening on tv. I can remember packing my military gear knowing I was going to get that activation call.
You are right having been in this campaign I know that this war that we are fighting has no front lines, once there it surrounds you. I still pray for my brothers and sisters in arms still fighting this war.

Platinum Real Estate
www.platinumrealestate.biz
"The Strength of Teamwork-Reputation for Results"
[Linked Image]

People tend to be reminded of all the bad folks via the news outlets, and sometimes tend to forget that there are many heroes among us. When the time and circumstances occur together, these heroes come to the forefront. God bless them all.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I remember that day as if it were yesterday. Like many , I was at work that day. I recall looking at the news reports of the twin towers with such a sense of disbelief.

On September 19th (5 days after the US airspace was re-opened), I boarded a plane and flew to Holland for a vacation that had been planned for over a year. Didn't even consider cancelling the trip.

And to all of those who lost loved ones on that day and in the days since then..."You will never be forgotten. Ever."

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
B
B
Hey Marty, That picture brought tears to my eyes. I cannot think of anything else to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.