Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Why not take a flight from Cancun to Belize International and from there to San Pedro? This could save a lot of time.
http://www.mayaregional.com/

THE BAKER, Front Street, San Pedro Town
7 days a week 7 am to 7 pm
Phone 206-2036
http://thebaker.bz
Could save a lot of time, but won't save a dime. That option costs around $600 US. Might just as well take a regular flight from home into Belize, at that price.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Cost.

Traveling Jan 8 - Jan 15

OPTION 1
R/T for 1 adult (using Maya Air)(these prices are before any discounts you would get by pre-booking with various agencies on the island):
between Cancun and BZE: $472
between BZE and SP: $120

R/T for 1 adult between ORD and Cancun: $351

This totals $943

OPTION 2
R/T for 1 adult between ORD and BZE: $795
between BZE and SP: $120

This totals $915

That's my 2 cents worth.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Apparently Seashell types faster than I do...

And there ya have it. Thanks Phishie.

If the intention is to save money, then you lose time and have to take buses, taxis, etc. and perhaps even an overnight stay along the way. As Capt. Jeff would say, for me "the juice ain't worth the squeeze". But if a person has the time and wants to save the money and have a mini-adventure in travel, then perhaps the Cancun to Belize by bus route, is the way to do it. Phishie, have you also done the calculations on what your itinerary would cost if you flew into Cancun and then did the bus/taxi thing?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by seashell
Phishie, have you also done the calculations on what your itinerary would cost if you flew into Cancun and then did the bus/taxi thing?

Not yet, workin' on it, tho'.

by the time one pays the fare for San Pedro-Belize City, Belize City-Cancun I'd be better off to just pay for a flight from BZE to the US.

R
ron Offline
R
But you'd miss out on a short taxi ride followed by a 6 hours bus ride followed by another short taxi ride followed by a 2 hour water taxi ride. All that after 3 to 5 hours flying. And to think you get to do it twice on one vacation. Oh yes, if you're really lucky you get to spend 2 nights in a nice hotel in Mexico.

Has anyone ever gone from Cancun to Chetumal by air then to Corozol. The flight from there to San Pedro is $90.50 RT.

Last edited by champion; 11/22/10 07:36 PM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
M
M
Originally Posted by seashell
have you also done the calculations on what your itinerary would cost if you flew into Cancun and then did the bus/taxi thing?

For those who didn't refer to the summary on my BelizeBus site...

This is how I do the trip from Cancun airport to Belize�

From Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen, there is an approximately hourly ADO Riviera airport shuttle bus (check the ticketbus site for departure times and fares). Tickets are purchased from the ticket seller where the bus is parked. To get to the bus, go out of the airport terminal, turn right and keep going to the other end of the terminal. The bus trip is about 1 hour and costs MX$106 per passenger (as at October 2010).

The airport shuttle bus terminates in Playa del Carmen at the bus terminal at the corner of Quinta Avenida and Avenida Juarez (5th Avenue and Juarez Avenue). If you want to continue to Chetumal immediately, get a taxi (MX$20) or walk to the other bus terminal (Terminal Alterna) at Avenida 20 and Calle 12, where the bus departs to Chetumal (the airport shuttle bus might stop at this terminal on the way to the other terminal). Or, stay a night in Playa.

Here's a link to a map of Playa del Carmen showing the location of the two bus terminals:
http://www.travelyucatan.com/playa_del_carmen_mexico_hotel_map-a.php

From Playa del Carmen, ADO express buses depart frequently to Chetumal (and there are a few ADO GL and OCC buses for a bit more money). The trip takes about 4.5 hours and costs MX$214 per passenger for Primera Class (as at October 2010). Check the ticketbus site for up to date schedules and fares.

In Playa or Chetumal, decent hotel rooms can be found for MX$400 and up.

A taxi to the water taxi in Chetumal costs MX$15 to 20 (depending on distance).

The water taxi to San Pedro is about US$30 per passenger (check the websites for updates).

(MX$ is Mexican pesos)

The Cancun to Chetumal flight is a good option depending on the flight schedule. It's sometime unavailable.
http://www.mayair.com.mx/

I go this way because I'm never in a hurry, and enjoy the time in Mexico.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.