Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I live in San Pedro and have taken this route 9 times. It works out great if you make a mini vacation out of it and hang out in Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Akumal, etc for a few days first. Otherwise it is a lot of travel. Regarding the water taxi from Chetumal to San Pedro. Be SURE that the cab driver you get at the ADO station knows exactly where you want to go and that is the Muelle Fiscal, to pick up the water taxi. Last time I went through, it was a cluster%&$* as the cab driver brought me to the Corozal border, not having any idea about the water taxi and thinking I was just a dumb tourist and not caring at all about where I was actually going. Then charged me 200 pesos for the ride. Crossing the border from Chetumal to Corozal is also a cluster%&$* and the water taxi from Corozal to San Pedro only runs 1x a day, so you would then need to take a flight, or spend another night in Corozal. Other than that, flying to Cancun and taking the ADO bus is a breeze.

Mr.B, are you saying that your itinerary is only costing you about $35 US + $30 US for BZ water taxi? That is assuming you don't have to overnight in Playa?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

J
J
So it sounds like going to the Airport to Cancun City might be easier. For someone that is never been there, how do we get from the Airport to Cancun City bus station to get to Chetumal?
Thanks in advance!

M
M
Hi seashell,

That's about right depending on the exchange rate.
You sound surprised.

There are buses, minibuses & taxis from Cancun airport to Cancun city.

Last edited by MisterB266; 11/23/10 10:59 AM.
Yes, I was a bit surprised. Didn't realize that the savings would be THAT significant. But there you have it. For anyone that wants to save money and doesn't mind a travel adventure, it's an excellent deal. For me, "the juice ain't worth the squeeze", unless I wanted to hang out in Playa del Carmen for a few days too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
And...

The first class buses in Mexico are excellent -- a/c, reclining seats, video, toilet -- and once I was on an airport shuttle bus that had wifi!

The main highway from Cancun to Chetumal is in very good condition.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
One little heads up on the bus, get the express bus, stopping every half mile isn't fun.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Have done this trip many times...while checking out Belize, before i finally moved to Belize for good. Have done the...Airport back to Cancun city, then south to Playa D.Carmen (Express). Always found that the Shuttle from the Cancun Airport to P.D.C. (with the switch from Quinta Avenida to Avenida 20 and Calle 12) is still much faster. It's a quick walk from the arrival terminal in P.D.C. to the departure terminal. By the time you get a taxi back to Cancun City and load up to start the trip down south....i have already left P.D.C. and am on my way to Chetumal.

-----------------------------------------
I only fish on days that end in "Y" smile

A C Offline
I've done the trip thru cancun straight to chetumal stayed overnight got up and waited for boat. This time Im thinking of doing the playa del carmen route though.

anyone got suggestions on decent but not super expensive hotels?

Cya in a week smile!

AC

Check out Luna Blue....they are just off the strip in Playa....they have a FB page. Really nice owners, great location.

Tulum has a great hotel too... OM....

Last edited by shuffles; 12/29/10 06:23 PM.

Change your Latitude
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.