Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Regardless of the route I choose, I am continually brought to a page that says "No Available Departures" so I'm wondering if there are no buses running at all on New Years day frown

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
M
M
This is from the ticketbus site:
ADO express bus departures from Playa at 09:20, 10:50, 11:50, 13:20, 14:35, and there are more before & after these times.

http://www.ticketbus.com.mx/

There is an English version of the site -- look at the top right side of the page.

On the left side, you have to select the bus terminals. For the "From" terminal, don't select "Playa del Carmen Alterna" even though that's the terminal from which the buses depart. Select "Playa del Carmen, Qroo".

When you get the page of schedules, notice that the schedules are arranged under separate tabs for Dawn, Morning, Afternoon and Night. You have to click on all the tabs one by one to see all the departure times for the whole day.

Last edited by MisterB266; 11/26/10 02:33 PM.
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks MisterB. You absolutely hit the nail on the head for the Playa to Chetumal leg. I was plugging in the Alterna terminal. Now there appears to be no buses from the Cancun Airport to Playa! Geez, I'm feeling like a bit of a knob here! ...and I'm using the English version!!! Double knob!

M
M
Go back and re-enter the terminals and date.

For the "From" terminal, select "Cancun Aeropuerto, Q.R."
and for the "To" terminal, select "Playa del Carmen, Qroo".

For the date, enter "11/12/2010" -- that's 11 December.

One of the problems with this site is that you can't view some schedules more than a few weeks in advance of today's date, so just enter a date for a Saturday that's close to today's date and assume the schedules will be the same for every Saturday. I'm sure the airport buses will be operating on New Years Day.

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again Mister B. I literally could not have done this without your help and after 1 1/2 hours of frustration, I finally have the information I need. 'Not intuitive' is waaayyy too mild a description for that website. It is actually a pain in the ass!

J
J
To get from PDC to the Cancun airport, you could use either Best Day Transfers or Cancun Valet. I've used them from the airport to the ferry for Isla Mujeres. Cancun Valet is more expensive, it's a guaranteed private transfer. BestDay may be a shared van, although the last couple of times I've used them, my group has been the only passengers.

M
M
More options for transfer services:

a) Cancun Shuttle: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/

b) Cancun Express: http://www.cancun-express.com/

T
T
We took a taxi from Playa to the airport and it was worth it for the extra cost (not too much I remember) to do away with the worry of the shuttle turning up and getting there on time.

T
T
also, we just grabbed a taxi from the downtown bus terminal in Playa when we arrived from the airport and said 'ADO' and he took us to the right one.

Last edited by treetops; 11/28/10 12:41 PM.
C
C
The ADO buses go every hour froM both bus stations in Playa to Cancun Airport Cost $10 US takes 45 Min..Stops once on the way.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.