Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
beachdude you have crossed the line. getting very personal. cease the personal attacks or be banned.i have deleted several posts that are over the edge. i left a couple so folks can see what the reactions are about. but come on man, you can't just throw trash out there like that.

Mike - What does it take to have the SP Town Council books audited? Is there any way citizens can find out who got paid and for what? I pay my taxes every year and read where only about 50% of the land owners here do so.

UDP last election ran on "transparency;" yet I have not once heard of any information given to the public.

I've met you and respect your involvement in this community. I think you have been at every public information meeting that I have attended. Here, on the board, you have often been the voice of reason. Good luck.

I was please to read that you would cooperate, not compete with, VIP. The way ruling parties stay in power is by splitting the votes of other parties.

MARTY - thanks for monitoring this in a sensible manner.

Mike, Most of the folks on the board don't live here and of those that do very few can vote.(no offence guys)
I vote! Honestly I would vote for you!I've know you about 25 years and for sure you would not be the Status Quo we all seem to be complaining about.
Transparency that Scubalady mentioned is very good and just volunteering information about what your doing instead of just surprise when the bulldozers show up is more than considerate its good PR.
The town has no idea of what the town-board is doing , its only after we see the evidence that we start guessing about how our money is being spent.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Beach dude lots of bla bla bla . if you can talk the talk then walk the walk .Prove it or shut the hell up !!!
if you hide who you are then As far as most here we think you are a TROLL .SO PUT UP OR SHUT UP ..if you can not back up what you say take a HIKE please..Your looking silly .
JMHO.

Last edited by captjeff; 04/08/11 12:17 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
P
P
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
What does it take to have the SP Town Council books audited?

They're supposed to be audited every year, but when I asked the Auditor General last year I was told they hadn't been audited for seven years, and there were no plans to amend that. Part of the reason was that they didn't want to be audited. It was also acknowledged that San Pedro raises far less in property tax than it should, given the population and nature of housing - the Mayor's publicly-admitted policy of not charging her friends and family clearly has a part in that, but so does the abysmal collection record.

M
M
The area rep should demand transparency and financial responsibility. The laws are there, just ignored. There needs to be mandatory audits each and every year without fail. The more I learn about what has been going on the more obvious it becomes that an informed public is the best weapon. All public lands that are to be sold should be advertised and the highest bidder gets the land and its all published and recorded in the public records. Our handling of public finances and our national lands reflects directly on the integrity of those who are in charge. We need an independent mayor and town council. Both parties have let us down terribly. Soon we will be calling a meeting for any who want to know more and join the team. I really appreciate the show of support.

M
M
Thanks Elbert, I appreciate your support and your vocal stand on both the environment and this political nonsense we are experiencing. I have researched carefully and the technical term that applies is "mushroom treatment". Unfortunately it is not a laughing matter considering that the town board received 3,000 acres from Sunset Coves as a property tax settlement. I wonder if the contributions from David Mitchell to the town board are recorded, wonder also about the $ that Mitchell is to pay the town board as "royalties". $4,000 a lot as I recall. An audit would surely answer some questions. Maybe they were just campaign contributions.

Met Mike in 1989 when I moved here, watched him working hard on more then one project, if you are going to make accusations, at least have the decency to identify yourself..JMHO

Reality..What a concept!
M
M
LOL, Sorry but it just is not true. Now my name is Mark? Do you believe I would run for public office and not expect to be scrutinized? Having held elected position in Belize I know the drill. I have always been a building contractor, dont have and never have had investors or handled anyone else's money except in furtherance of a construction contract. Bring forth one person I have screwed or taken advantage.
Who are you? If you wish to make personal attacks please have the balls to use your name otherwise please restrict your comments to how we might change our current situation for the better.

bzguy - I was once told that when I found myself in a hole it was a good idea to stop digging.

You just don't seem to get that everything you write is a bad reflection on you. I went to your profile and there is nothing. You just joined this board under this name. I'm sure you are on here on other names and are hiding behind this one. OMG - are you the Mayor?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.