Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B & B Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,
I was just working out our travel arrangements for our first trip to Belize and I came up with a scenario I'd like to get some input on...

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in BZE at 3:55pm. We'd like to take a water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro (via belizewatertaxi.com) but I read that it is about a 20 minute taxi ride from BZE to the water taxi (last water taxi leaves at 5:30pm). Considering we'll have to get our luggage and clear Customs before we can grab a taxi to take us to the water taxi, will we be cutting it too close for comfort?

Should we plan to grab the 4:40pm or 5:40pm flight (via mayaregional.com) instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer me in this situation.

Brandon

Hi
Yes I would opt for the flight to San Pedro, you should be able to make the 4:40 flight ok.

Have a great trip and enjoy your stay.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
B & B Offline OP
OP Offline
Ahh, scratch that. crazy I just found a flight that will get us to BZE at 1:45pm instead of my initial post's 3:55pm time. That should give us plenty of time no matter what option we decide to go with.

B & B Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply Tracker, would you agree that 1:45pm arrival time will give us plenty of time to get to the water taxi?

Regardless of what time you arrive at International, opt for a flight on either Tropic or Maya.......it's well worth the expense.....you'll be on the Island in 15 minutes and will enjoy the scenary from 2,000 feet in the sky.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Nah, take the water taxi - it will totally relax you and get you in the mood for island life. The hour plus you spend getting from the mainland to San Pedro will be one of the best hours you will ever spend. smile We did our first trip and that, in itself, hooked us!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
E
E
Naw, Take Tropic. You will see all the sea you want as soon as you get to SP

I
I
The water taxi is a great way start your vacation. You are on the water, you get to meet great people, isn't that what vacation is all about? My last few trips it hasn't been practical for me to take the boat and I do miss it.

Naa... Take them both. Figure on the plane one direction and taking the boat the other direction. For me, I like getting there asap and going back as slow as possible. I think the cab ride to/from the dock is $35 US + tip. You will need to have some cash set aside for that.

nope dawged...you're cute as can be but I disagree. Slow boat in and plane out. Nothing worse than travelling 10 + hours covered in salt spray ... however, bar hopping with salt in your hair for the first day is so welcome!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.