Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by GwenA
The issue of how long someone has lived in whatever part of Belize, doesn't help someone who wants to know about how things are now about building and insuring houses.
If someone built their house way back when and it cost $40,000, how does that help someone now.
I've heard all these great stories about people getting residency after a few months, paying $100, and having it granted in a month. That was 20 years ago. If someone provides that kind of info to someone who asks what does it take to get residency, what good is it.
Things change, so if half of the plywood houses were destroyed in a hurricane, and 10 percent of more sturdy houses were destroyed, on whichever Island; what kind of house do you want to build?
Then because of that kind of information, you decide to build a concrete house, do you want costs from twenty, ten or five years ago?
That isn't caustic, it's realistic. And what I said about insurance is how it's done now.

Gwen,
I didn't know you sold insurance in Belize?! And also owned a construction company? I know that you are trying to be helpful in getting the most recent costs and information to those that are asking, but your tone has been pretty caustic IMO. While I know nothing of building, insurance nor the cost of living in Belize, I feel that if you were to tone the rhetoric down some and appear to be more helpful that might be a little more receptive by those that are asking.

Take the road less traveled
Gwen - you are sounding like me when I am off of my meds (which is right now) or some of my younger women friends when they are PMSing. LOL
Hey - I'm laughing I hope you can too.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
D
I concur QwinA, our self appointed message board sheriff, should tone it down a few notches. I have seen numerous first time posters asking innocent questions sent scrambling for cover under one of her viscous verbal assaults never to return again. I dont think this is the appearance we want our friendly Island to portray. No question is stupid. Its all about people seeking information.

S
S
For all those who are stressing I believe it's "Free Valium Friday" at the Polyclinic... wink

Yes Simon, but it appears some of us can't wait until Friday!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Originally Posted by divingcowgirl
Originally Posted by GwenA
The issue of how long someone has lived in whatever part of Belize, doesn't help someone who wants to know about how things are now about building and insuring houses.
If someone built their house way back when and it cost $40,000, how does that help someone now.
I've heard all these great stories about people getting residency after a few months, paying $100, and having it granted in a month. That was 20 years ago. If someone provides that kind of info to someone who asks what does it take to get residency, what good is it.
Things change, so if half of the plywood houses were destroyed in a hurricane, and 10 percent of more sturdy houses were destroyed, on whichever Island; what kind of house do you want to build?
Then because of that kind of information, you decide to build a concrete house, do you want costs from twenty, ten or five years ago?
That isn't caustic, it's realistic. And what I said about insurance is how it's done now.

Gwen,
I didn't know you sold insurance in Belize?! And also owned a construction company? I know that you are trying to be helpful in getting the most recent costs and information to those that are asking, but your tone has been pretty caustic IMO. While I know nothing of building, insurance nor the cost of living in Belize, I feel that if you were to tone the rhetoric down some and appear to be more helpful that might be a little more receptive by those that are asking.

Popcorn anyone?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
ron Offline
R
Double butter

E
E
gimme a beer

God, I know something is really wrong now!!!!
Ernie forgot he doesn't drink beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Deepsea is right. I come here looking for information so that I may possibly join the fine folks of Belize and live the good life someday soon. Information seekers have to wade through posts of bickering to get even a minor question answered. Do you people know each other outside of this forum? Is this life on a small island?

That said...I appreciate EVERYONE'S input on the questions, I can sort out what applies to my situation and leave the rest.

"Earth is an insane asylum, to which other planets deport their lunatics" Voltaire
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.