Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
One question. Where did he get the stuff? Maybe a local supplier who everyone (even the cops) are aware of? Funny how, when the tourists move in, so do the people of shady ethics looking for a buck. And they don't care where the buck comes from, tourists or locals or kids.

Just my opinion.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
nope,, no kid hints from me. just wise cracks.
and it's better that way believe me.

C
C
I'm gonna weigh in on this, even though I probably shouldn't. I dont' have any kids, but since I was a teenager once, I pretty much know how they think. Even though the kids that got dosed were like "Oh no, we had no idea that there was pot in those brownies", because they didnt want to get in trouble, they darn sure did know what was in the brownies. The kid that brought the brownies, was probably a known pot-head among the other kids and he probably dropped little hints that he had "special brownies" and so the other kids wanted a piece of the action. even if they had never smoked pot before, there was probably some peer pressure involved.
The kid shouldn't be expelled, but he should have to do some community service, or paint the school, or something like that. And he should know that if someone had been allergic to what was in the brownies and had a severe reaction he could have been in a lot more trouble.

brace yourself catdance,, you are about to feel the wrath of some mommy's.

edit: i too was a teenager. although back then pot brownies were not popular.
but being a teenager today living in belize,, i will still bet that each and every one of those kids at LEAST had a idea what was going on. it's hi school,, they know whats going on.

Last edited by Barnacle; 10/01/11 09:57 PM.
C
C
"high" school. HA HA HA
yeah yeah, I know school is not a place to smoke weed, but "back in the day" I did on occasion, and I survived and actually made something out of myself.

i have always hung out with the more 'un-scrupulous crowds in more than one country and i can say that not until i got to belize did i see 'pot brownies' and 'special cake' be so popular.

G
G
It happens everywhere. That said, I really like the paint/garbage/community service idea. Real consequences. Real lesson.

Think how much 19 kids could clean up/paint in 1 month! And yes, the ringleader AND the participants (unwitting or not) should all be on the crew, they will all learn a lesson.

my .04

Last edited by Gridguy; 10/02/11 08:21 AM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
thats what they are for,, the fiber!

edit: "gonna have a brownie, a magic brownie.
get rid of your frown-ie, turn it upside down-ie."

Last edited by Barnacle; 10/05/11 10:10 AM. Reason: to add jingle
M
M
Finally! Somebody really DOES have a sense of humor . . .

/Dave's not here . . .

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.