Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#419163 - 10/18/11 08:20 PM My Aching Dogs
BrusselSprout Offline
Maybe it's turning 38? Or walking around in dead flat flip flops for 5 years but my arches are starting to hurt. Does anyone have a suggestion of something as light as a flip flop but with a little support? PLEASE DO NOT UTTER THE WORD BIRKENSTOCK.

#419164 - 10/18/11 08:27 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
Chloe Offline
ok no berkies, so how about comfy Crocs.
Dare To Deviate

#419165 - 10/18/11 08:30 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
SP Daily Offline
Scotts brand flip flops from Hawaii...guaranteed for life and contoured to fit yer foot.
Or better yet just go barefoot....I haven't worn any shoes at all for almost 20 years with no problems at all.
amazing how nature takes care of us.....

#419166 - 10/18/11 08:36 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
LaurieMar Offline
After walking around San Francisco all afternoon one day last week, I had the same problem. First, go for a killer foot reflexology massage. If you can find a jacuzzi with good, hot jets, jump in and put your feet against one of them. Mint or coconut foot creme does wonders.

Flip flops are wonderful and my "shoe" of choice, but have no support and I have the same problem, but add about 12 years. The best flip flops I found that I love are made by DKNY. They have a thicker, rubber traction sole and a molded area for the arch. So comfortable...

#419167 - 10/18/11 08:54 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: LaurieMar]
BeBelize Offline
Teva or Chaco are my sandals of choice, and I'm a lot older than you!
Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico

#419169 - 10/18/11 09:04 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BeBelize]
SnoopysMom Offline
the sketchers sandals have great support (and supposedly tone you, but not working thus far LOL)

#419173 - 10/18/11 10:49 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
Bear Offline
Tevas all the way...and they have them up to 15D dogs...

EDIT: uhhh..not that you would need them that large Sprouts

Edited by Bear (10/18/11 10:57 PM)

#419178 - 10/18/11 11:33 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
KaraokeJoe Offline
Of course you could always get Vibram Fivefingers, barefoot-like walking and toning while still keeping the bottom of your foot protected. And as of today, I know they even work for street hockey!
The Immortal Words Of Socrates: I Drank What?

#419179 - 10/18/11 11:51 PM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: BrusselSprout]
krehfish Offline
Crocs are it. Been through 4 pair. Nothing else in SP. If you're up here in the north, it just means wool socks.
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#419181 - 10/19/11 12:18 AM Re: My Aching Dogs [Re: KaraokeJoe]
Bear Offline
Originally Posted By: KaraokeJoe
Of course you could always get Vibram Fivefingers, barefoot-like walking and toning while still keeping the bottom of your foot protected. And as of today, I know they even work for street hockey!

Loved that concept KJ, but as usual they refuse to make sizes much past 12's. Very cool you have some though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Mike Campbell, wade the gringo, Shyboy, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,724 Topics
461,271 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.