Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#429380 02/02/12 10:06 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Any suggestions for new restaurants or old restaurants with new or improved food.

We had our best meal in the restaurant the Red Ginger. Was much more reasonable then we expected and the short ribs just melt in your mouth. Our second favorite was the Sunday BBQ at BC's. But get there early or you might be very limited on your selection! Breakfast, you just can't beat George's Kitchen. No matter what you order the man can cook!

Last edited by fordshouse; 02/03/12 11:30 AM.
Rojo has a new dish that is de-lish.
Chaya pesto pasta. Wow.

Originally Posted by cayelime
Any suggestions for new restaurants or old restaurants with new or improved food.

point of reference to "new", please..... 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Picky, Picky, Picky smile

We hope you will try us out if you weren't here last year (we've been open a year and 2 months today), you can find our menu here and see reviews here . We make everything from scratch, european artisanal breads, pastries, cakes and pastas, we bake our own ham, roast our own beef for our sandwiches, supply to many of the restaurants and resorts here and in Caye Caulker, and do catering events too... Take a look at the Photos of our lunches

Our next event is on 18th february, a "black and white" finger food and appetizer party at a pre-opening of a new establishment, with a rooftop viewing of the rising full moon. Not to be missed! Please do check out the foodie photos in the links above and drop in when you're down here! We look forward to seeing you!

Anna & Gunter, Mathieu's Delicatessen

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
Just so you don't think that Mathieu's Deli are just blowing their own trumpet, they are really good. Not just really good. They are really really really really good. I've been a customer of theirs and also worked at events that they have catered. Their food is just fabulous. Definitely give them a try.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
S
I agree with Collyk about Mathieu's Deli! You might also try Casa Picasso recently re-opened under new management:

Casa Picasso Reviews

WIld Mangos has a new menu, but still the same great food.

C
OP Offline
C
thanks everyone.. just checking. sometimes chefs move around and restaurants are.not necessarily new but a change in chefs can be positive or negative.. love mango;s caramba rojo's (but expensive)...miss hungry crocs :(; so thanks --just coming down next week and wanted to know what everyone likes this year.

Originally Posted by collyk
Just so you don't think that Mathieu's Deli are just blowing their own trumpet, they are really good. Not just really good. They are really really really really good. I've been a customer of theirs and also worked at events that they have catered. Their food is just fabulous. Definitely give them a try.

Thank you Collyk.... I debated posting that under "my" name (sunrisesky) but that WOULD have been outright underhand promotion! And thank you for the support!

El Fogon (longtimer I'm sure - but they've beefed it up a bit recently), DJs up near the bridge where Planet Pizza used to be, Lone Star down at Mr Joes, Aji tapas haven't been mentioned.... I dislike conch ceviche, and am lukewarm about other ceviches.... but Red Ginger's grouper ceviche with ginger and mango juice, and their tuna ceviche with green spring onions and coconut milk are both devine and beautifully presented. Soon coming are the Molly Malone pub, wine bar and deli at the new "the hotel" north of the bridge (Collyk you and regular customers are on our list of invitees to the pre-opening party....)

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.