Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi all

We need some butts in seats tonight at 7pm at the Nemo office. {if someone knows good details on where it is please post] Paul thought it was above the old Baker but not sure if it has moved.

Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment tool. The topic will be "the critical path". Any volunteer from the community is welcome, no specific pre-knowledge is necessary. Ms Magana and Ms Jessie will interactively teach the participants and develop the path with us.

Please help spread the word. This is a good time for all those who have signed up for CRDT training to come and find out the details as it is going to be starting very soon.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

OP Offline
After Monday's meeting, I am looking for community input.

Which resorts have generators. Any resorts have epi pens and first aid trained staff?

Do you have a proper and up to date first aid kit at your resort and home? I just added benadryl to ours and asked for a few recommends from Dr Al - first aid kits should have epi pens and also Cipro antibiotic, steri strips.

What are some things you recommend adding to your first aid kit that people might not think of?

What areas on the island need more lights at night?

We will be meeting again this Monday 14th 7pm at San Pedro Town Council conference room, back of the building on front street. Go beside the information booth on the left side and go around to the back. We need more butts in seats - hoping some neighborhood watch people are available to show up. This is important.

Last Monday's meeting was really good. We had a decent show of community support - Nemo, Tropic Air, Tourism Police, teachers, 2 who are signed up for CRDT training and many more.

Ms Magana is a great speaker and she explored how we can compare the past and meet the needs of the future to accommodate the issues that come with progress and development in order to form a better plan island wide.

This exercise is being done over the course of a few weeks so that we can work together and find out what the needs of the people and community are before training the CRDT's. [Community Disaster Response Team] This will also help bring unity between all groups so that we are all on the same page which will help us as a whole to provide better disaster risk reduction.

The end goal is to have a large umbrella of a San Pedro Emergency Response team where we all join forces and work together and have a strong up to date, well tested plan. This includes air and sea evacuations when necessary.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Great job Tacogirl! Good work being done.

OP Offline
Thanks Chunkyruth and all who are coming together to make this happen.

L
L
Tacogirl I have never been able to get an EpiPen in San Pedro. I have to carry 2 syringes for my bee sting allergy. Have they finally got the injectors here?

OP Offline
Not that I know of lil'red but I hope that one day soon that will change. We need available epi pens here.

We are doing a free first aid training on the 19th this will be a good time to bring that issue up, I know you are not the only one who uses them.

Don't forget to restock your first aid kits periodically and check expiry dates. I just added benadryl to mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.