Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Bandage international takes their role of first aid training very seriously. It is clear they believe in their work, have a passion for what they do and set high quality training standards. They also have a strong understanding of Ambergris Caye and our safety needs.

After the two day first aid class, Bandage International announced they are donating a Lifepak 500 Defibrillator to Maya Island Air not only because of their central location but their ongoing transportation support to Bandage International. Also included this post pics of just how much rain we have been getting.
http://tacogirl.com/island-life/maya-air-gets-a-life-pak-500-from-bandage-international/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

i am SO glad i went to the training for this. i cannot believe how different it is now, than when it was when fred died.

tacogirl, how many defibs do we have on the island now? I know we have one down south at the SACNW station, Victoria House has one, then Maya Island Air, Phoenix... where else are they?

i am SO glad i went to the training for this. i cannot believe how different it is now, than when it was when fred died.

tacogirl, how many defibs do we have on the island now? I know we have one down south at the SACNW station, Victoria House has one, then Maya Island Air, Phoenix... where else are they?

OP Offline
We are in process of finding that out Lara.

So far we know Amigos Del Mar has one, El Secreto has one, Grand Caribe has one so does Rudy who lives there, and I believe there is a private resident who has one in the area as well.

Starting this morning, SPBRC is going to be assessing and listing businesses on the island starting with all the resorts, dive shops and tour companies to see which ones have AED's and which ones have a good first aid kit on hand.

Anthony and Steve will be going from the airport area to the edge of town. Amy and I will be starting south at Hol Chan Reef resort and get as far as we can towards the airport area by 1:30pm.

We will cover north and restaurants soon after.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

OP Offline
Update day 1 of many for SPBRC island assessment

We ended up with only one cart so town was put on hold. Amy Steven and I agreed in spite of the weather we would stick to the plan.

Originally we had thought we could wrap it up by 1:30 as Amy had to get the kids from school. By that time we were only as far as Banana Beach. Steven and I agreed to go the rest of the way and it it took is 6 hours to do the full stretch. We Started at Hol Chan Reef Resort 3.5 miles south and made it as far as Sunbreeze hotel.

Aside from wet cart butt for most of the day we had a good time and learned a lot. We now know what kind of first aid kits all the resorts have if any and who has defibrillators.

It was also a great chance to promote the upcoming blood drive December 7th. If you are on island and want to donate please pm me for details - will be doing a post on it soon. This is another piece of the first aid / island safety puzzle and something the SPBRC is going to be doing regularly. The goal is to build a healthy Ambergris Caye stock of blood at the blood bank in Belize City. In our travels we were pleased to find a few people with rare blood times that are going to come donate.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.