Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
I think the higher interest rates are for Belize dollar accounts and not the USD accounts.

T
T
Just checking Belize Bank and Atlantic websites, both are 3%. I was intrigued about this when I was there earlier this year. I saw a billboard offering 6% on savings accounts from Atlantic. Not sure how long the billboard had been up but I was wishing I could open an account !

To get 6% on USD you need a significant amount of money in a CD.
It requires a meeting with the upper level folks at the bank.

And your money will be converted to BZD.

So, if one was to put USD into a Belize Bank and converted it to BZE to gain the 6% intrest. How difficult is it to convert it back to USD if need be?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
E
E
Depends on who you know.

D
D
Don't plan on succeeding. If it was easy there would be no other banking arrangement here.
The banks have to set rates based on their insurance. There is a clear danger of the Belize Dollar default.

Ok, so no real reply. If I take say 5K BZE to the airport, will it be something they could convert there?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Originally Posted by ckocian
And your money will be converted to BZD.

Am told this is not the case at all. Also told you need to have something like $50,000 US or more to begin the discussion.

But then again things change in the banking world very quickly and without much notice.

It isn't easy to convert your money back into US. You need an exchange control permit and need to have a valid reason why you want the funds converted. Belize has a limited amount of US currency on hand which is used for the purposes of purchasing goods that are then imported into the country, or to pay off foreign debt etc. So to get a permit citing that you wanted to take advantage of the high interest bearing accounts in Belize dollars and now want to rake in your profits and repatriate your funds overseas might not be a valid reason to get an exchange control permit approved.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.