Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
nicole Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for your replys to my previous question.

After much browsing, I've narrowed my picks for July trip to 3. Anyone and everyone, please respond if you've had experience with any of these properties.

Caribbean Villas has given me an excellent rate but I'm hearing much talk of Banana Beach and Caribe Island. Can't decide. Don't think Caribbean has a pool but not sure.

I would have loved to stay at Vistoria House (it was my first pick) but the US exchange would have blown my pathetic cdn dollar budget.

Also, planning on a couple days on the mainland. Hopkins vs Placencia? We'd like to do a few tours but nothing to adventurous. Something a 6 year old can enjoy also.

Thanks!
Nicole

Nicole
Banana Beach. Cute pool for you and the six year old.

[This message has been edited by Becky_bound_for_Belize (edited 05-15-2002).]

B
B
Banana Beach was great - spacious rooms, nice pool, good beach, but a bit away from town. Caribe Island I saw from the dock, and heard good things about. It's in the same general neighborhood as Banana Beach (south of town) - BB being a litle closer. We walked into town once via the beach - took about 30-40mins. The other times we rented a golf cart (10min. ride)
BB rents bikes and golf carts or a taxi ride is US$5 into town.
Don't know about location or quality of Caribbean Villas........

D
D
Nicole, I'd suggest Hamanassi at Hopkins. It's a lovely resort there with swimming pool and Cockscomb nearby.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
My vote is for BB as well. We really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms are big and having a full kitchen was great. We cooked breakfast and ate on our veranda every morning--a good way to save money. Caribbean Villas does not have a pool and, in my opinion, the beaches on AC are not the best for swimming because of the sea grass. We had a golf cart and it was very easy to get around that way.

L
L
Banana beach has a nice pool and great rooms. Grocery store across the street. Caribbean Villas has no pool. Caribe Island has only a VERY small wading pool. It is nothing like the picture on their website.

A nice pool is a big deal as it can be difficult to swim from the beaches if it gets windy. Also the sea grasses can get in the way.

B
B
Just returned from ten days at Caribbean Villas in April. No pool, no restaurant on site (we knew going in - not a problem for us), lovely grounds. Poured concrete sofa and chair not very high on the comfort scale. Only about 1/2 mile from most of the beach bars and restaurants in town. I definitely think it would be a better choice for mature people not in the company of children and not looking for a lot of excitement. The rooms themselves could use a bit of spiffing up to bring them to the level of many of the others we saw while we were there.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You are very wrong about the pool at Caribe Island! It is a nice size pool, not a wading pool at all.
I would be happy to tell you more about Caribe Island if you are interested. We have just sent down an entire container of "goodies" for the resort, including a paddle boat, some water trampolines, new volleyball equipment (including a set for the pool), and the list goes on...

N
nicole Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks everyone! You guys are a huge help for someone who is planning their first trip.
You can't get this kind of service from any travel agency or tourist board anywhere!

Banana Beach it is. Oh, I can't wait!

I took a look at Hamanasi. Looks great! I love the treehouses! I was also looking at the Nautical Inn. Anyone stay there?

Nicole

Nicole
Caribe Island Pool is not a wading pool. We have been there a few times and I live in that pool - or right next to it for 10 days! Wouldn't have it any other way.

ibanole: how enticing.. all the goodies your getting down there! All the more reason for us to come check back. We are stil wondering if Albert is coming to the states in September. Anyway to let us know? I heard he was visiting the Philly area - and we want to meet up with him if and when he comes. We probably won't make it back down this year - but not to worry - Caribe is on the schedule for 2003 for sure!

Bonnie

PS I sent a pic for Manuel to the e-mail. Wanted to know if it got passed along. It was of him and Alvin. If not - can I get to you to give to him?

[This message has been edited by aqtpie2 (edited 05-16-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.