Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been reading an article on the owners of this cafe and wondered if anyone has eaten here.

Last edited by Gela; 11/05/14 12:13 PM.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
A
A
Hi Gela,
I heard the article was out, what's the link?
We are #2 on tripadvisor, there are currently 100 reviews to read, link at bottom.
Thanks! Dennis

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi artisan, I was reading a International Living "Postcard" email (I'm a subscriber to it and their magazine). I think you should be able to sign up for the free Postcard emails and get to your article.

http://internationalliving.com/

Thanks for the link on TripAdvisor.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
A
A
Nothing about Caye Caulker Post cards on that link yet, takes about a week, Thanks again!

Last edited by artisan; 11/06/14 11:11 AM.
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure how it works for you since you are the topic of the article. Here's a portion of the article:

"It's been nine years since I made the move to Belize and life is good. I was fortunate to meet a wonderful Belizean gal-born in Honduras-and her three beautiful children, all of whom I adore.

She happens to be skilled at cooking my favorite cuisine, Middle-Eastern-which has led us to open a Middle Eastern caf� on Caye Caulker called Aladdin's on the populated north tip of the island, across from the caye's best beach. We've had some success with it-after the first six months our tiny caf� was hovering around #2 or #3 out of 65 on Tripadvisor's Caye Caulker list-but the best part is the people I now meet.

I always wanted to circle the entire globe, a feat too deep for my pockets...but thanks to the caf�, we get to meet great people with fascinating stories of adventures far and wide. They fill in the many gaps in my travels and keep me up to date with what's going on in the world.

These conversations all take place daily as we gaze at the azure sea 60 feet across the dirt street. We're happy living on Caye Caulker. Though the caf� will never make us wealthy, I'm living proof that you don't have to have lots of money to feel truly rich on this tiny island."

A
A
Hi Gela,
Thanks, I wrote it, but it was "polished up" by the editors, nice to know that it went to print.
Have a good one!, Dennis

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Congratulations Dennis. Good article. I haven't been to Caye Caulker since Feb of 2009. I certainly will look you up next time I visit!

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day