Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54332 06/24/02 07:06 PM
thanks for support, IJ, for a change. f hates it, but i am always so happy i did.

#54333 06/24/02 07:37 PM
I sure agree with taking all the clothes you want/need. You will need a clean outfit for each day/night you are there, and a couple extra shorts and shirts plus fresh/dry swim suit each day too.
Cause we gals like fresh cute outfits.
Yep, I pull two suitcases each trip, and no problem for me.
I say if you have it, pack it.

Dare To Deviate
#54334 06/24/02 07:37 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I knew I could rely on a few voices of support! I am not a clothes horse, but I do not like wearing something again once I have sweat all over it! Plus, I am single and you never know. . . could meet the man of my dreams on this trip! Maybe not though, if all the men in AC bring one t-shirt and wear it for two weeks. Yuck!

And gosh darn it, I thought I was doing really well w/only one bag. I am usually a two huge suitcase and a full carry on type gal for a two week stint.

Only one more day to go!

#54335 06/24/02 09:36 PM
(get the space bags, LOL!)

#54336 06/24/02 09:37 PM
You know it is soooo funny (I'm a bit different than most of you here!)
I prefer to be in the villages wearing my Belizean pink $10 flipflops, my yellow (was white) gauze India shirt and my one purple floor length India skirt with my backpack!

So my issue is not with shopping and fitting clothes and shoes into one bag...it is going out and looking at everything having to do with kids..."Oh they would love this...oh they would love that...this book is too cute with the musical push buttons" If I buy one more thing for the kids I will visit on my trip then I shall have no money left...period! LOL! Underlying message they don't need it just like we don't need half the clothes we pack!

Eventhough I may do the same as the men..apparently...LOL...I say go for it girls! Look and feel your best but remember...only take what you can carry! I just helped my sister out with this one...except she went to Spain for school for one month...got it down to one bag and a backpack! Now that was a challenge!

If she could do that for Spain you can do it for the Cayes!

Oh yeah! My freinds aren't talking to me either! This will be my third time down and each time as the day gets nearer they misteriously back away! So much excitement...You all can feel free to vent to me anyday! Smiles [Linked Image]
Sarah

#54337 06/24/02 10:20 PM
V
V
well elly..i didnt do much better with my packing!!!my husband just yelled down to me "where are you going to put this dive gear of yours...i cant carry everything!!!" oooppps..i am out of here...will see you in dallas [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] !!!!!!!!

#54338 06/25/02 12:15 AM
Elly, like I said, I like to have my "outfits". This is probably no time to tell you but I have a huge, I mean huge, suitcase with wheels, all my dive gear goes in there and enough clothes to make it 70 pounds. I have a regulation-size wheeled carryon and it is filled to bulging to the regulation weight. Then I have a little itty bitty purse . . . that I put into my *HUGE* purse that also has lots of stuff in it. (you can take one carry on and one purse on the plane, you see). I always have 3-4 bathingsuits too, but then I'm a diver.

My friends laugh at me but I never have to do laundry (or if I do, it is because I *wanted* to wear something twice) and I always have my pick of what to wear that evening (or day). Sometimes I bring stuff home unworn but that's OK too. (hint, lots of bras and bring panty-liners) You go out dancing once and your bra is shot and needs to be washed. The liners are just for freshness.

Just remember what I said about the sandals. You need to be able to walk in the sand with them, as well as dance in them. I've got 5 different pairs now and I never take fewer than 3 pair. (2 pairs for evenings and tivas for day time)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54339 06/25/02 12:34 AM
W
Woz Offline
W
I'm so jealous! You're to the hourly count down now girl! I've got 25 days left before I leave, and 5 or 6 months before I hit Belizian soil. Right now Belize is just a distant light to me. But you're almost on the plane! Congradulations, and have a great time.

SWEET JANE: you have achieved Sainthood in my book. I went out and got those Space Saver Bags at Bed & Bath. Thanks to you I will have some clothes to wear when I get to Belize. It's amazing what you can fit in those things. Going out tommorow to get some more.

#54340 06/25/02 12:45 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Feel a lot better now that I am bringing everything I wanted to bring. I realize I may not wear it all, but feel better having a choice. Figured on the underwear issue, so I just stuffed every pair I owned into a ziplock bag.

I usually wear mules or flip flops. Hope these are alright because I don't own a pair of tevas (Pleeeaaase don't tell me I need another trip to the store?). I think I will be ok with the luggage, as each has wheels and a pull out handle.

I really appreciate all the feedback you guys have given me. Because of you, I am not the least bit nervous about the trip. Anxious, yes. But not nervous. I hope, at one time or another, to meet each and every one of you. If all goes well, I am going to return in December. Hopefully a few more of you will be there at that time.

29 hours until I leave for the airport!

#54341 06/25/02 12:58 AM
KC Offline
Woz and Saint Jane,

I think I at least get an honorable mention because I'm the one who told Jane about the Space Bags. [Linked Image]

I could never have taken down linens for 4 beds, and towels for 3 bathrooms (and stayed within my baggage limit) without them! They are awesome!!! (you can buy them in size HUGE)

Kathy -- seeking sainthood

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.