Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54342 06/25/02 07:45 AM
Don't forget your passport !
You won't be able to wear any of those clothes, in Belize, without it.

Have a Grand time [Linked Image]

#54343 06/25/02 09:39 AM
clarifications:

ss- you misconstrue wanting dry clothes on vaca with being a clothes horse. i am not one. i had my 4 b-suits from marshalls, and all my 'outfits' were able to be rolled up (my secret way to pack. never fold, roll). your india skirt is like it. you would appreciate that i dressed like that at your age too. (then i found punk, but that is another story).

and yes, kc gets the sainthood. i just pontificate! get the bags!

elly, i only wear shoes there when i am actually walking. i wear sneakers on the plane (so i can lug all the crap). sport sandles to the pool (my $9 esprits), and i took a pair of aerosole low strappys ($15)for dress up. (both pairs smoosh flat in the front zipper of suitcase). once i got off the street, off they came. i ate nudie-foot every night, danced nudie-foot, golf-carted nudie-foot, walked the beach nudie-foot. you get the picture.

(todd wore his water shoes everywhere)

in my eyes, shoes are just for the street only, so don't sweat it.

#54344 06/25/02 10:55 AM
W
Woz Offline
W
KC & SWEET JANE I stand corrected. You both have achieved Sainthood. And many other people on this board, who have taken the time to help others plan there dream trips. This site is a wealth of odd ball information, that you could never find any other way.

The only problem with it, is it's addictive. I can't wait to find out how Ellys trip unfolds. If CaptRon leaves port. If the flooding will subside. Who, is going to meet who, down there. Oh, and thanks SWEET JANE for all of the great pictures!

#54345 06/25/02 11:07 AM
yer welcome, as choochoo would have said.

more pics to come...AC is next! finally!

#54346 06/25/02 12:50 PM
I dunno Jane about the going shoeless business. I used to do that when I first started going there, but since Hurricane Keith, it has just been too, um, I dunno. There are nails and broken glass *everywhere*. It wasn't quite as bad when I was there at Xmas but I still picked up a handful every few feet. I'd rather just have my shoes on and not get cut.

This probably doesn't apply to beaches far to the south or far to the north, but in town, fersure! Streets and beach.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54347 06/25/02 03:54 PM
KC Offline
I agree. I don't go barefoot outside for many reasons, not the least of which is the bottoms of my feet burn! And I'm afraid of stepping on something. I might run from our house to the pool, or perhaps the dock, but am so so careful where I step, if I do. I do not want a cut foot to ruin my vacation. Even a little seashell can cut and require stitches. But then I'm kinda weird about my feet.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#54348 06/25/02 07:11 PM
jane - i agree with you again! [Linked Image] I hardly wore shoes on my last trip. One thing I did notice, though, is that a lot more Belizeans were wearing shoes than last time I was there a year ago. One told me that it's just too dangerous to walk around barefoot. I still like it though. One word of caution - my trip a year ago I did slice my foot open on a broken root of some sort(no stitches required, but hurt like hell). Not fun to spend your last days hobbling around rather than dancin' the night away!

Cheers!

#54349 06/26/02 02:12 AM
It might also be time to post another picture of that gross infection a person can get from the dog feces in the sand. Maybe we didn't have any pictures of that on the Board, just graphic discriptions. Ick.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (SandyD), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.