Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I will be in AC in a few days and I have a few questions that I need answered to clear my mind. I was wanting to know if anyone had any info on the Mata Chica resort. And I have also heard about some tour groups that are visiting the Maya Ruins being kidnapped and robbed....any info on that. I was just wanting to get my mind cleared..and any info will help.
Thank you in advance

B
B
Never stayed at Mata Chica, however, have eaten breakfast there several times and took a tour though some of the available accomodations in July. There are several price options relative to size and beach location. Breakfast was fantastic and the accomodations were clean, modern and well maintained. Definitely worth a try....

KC Offline
I haven't heard anything about tour groups being robbed, so I can't comment on that.

But, if you stay at Mata Chica, have the chocolate souffle for desert......... ahhhhhh, I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Mata Chica is nice!

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Mata Chica is great.

Several weeks ago, a tour group (from Mopan River Resort in Benque Viejo) was held up and robbed at El Pilar ruins near the Guatemala border. The robbers were believed to be Guatemalans. Money and other valuables were taken but no one was injured.

El Pilar is not one of the Maya sites you would visit from San Pedro.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.