Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Anything would be better than Avalon.

But I don't know why these timeshare places don't just come out and say the word -- timeshares.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
C
Same reason that you don't admit to being a hack writer that leeches off everyone in Belize

Wow Chis,
That's hard! Sounds like there's some history here; feel free to let us in on it!
Lan,
Timeshares come in many colors, isn't it beautuful?

Live and let live
C
OP Offline
C
Gail;

Bring your catch up for us to cook up for ya. laugh

Short;

I really feel that any property in Belize can do very well with proper management. Unfortunately not all properties on this beautiful isle have had this in the past.

Avalon's plans didn't fit here in AC, at least not for now or the near future. They have fabulous properties in Mexico and are very successful, they work there well.

The owners of Costa Maya plan to manage and develop in a way that does fit in with the island and compliment the Belize and Ambergris Caye tourism product.

We really look forward to introducing you all to Costa Maya, again. smile

Come see us soon!

Chris Burkey

Cool runnins mon.........

Chris Burkey
Costa Maya Reef Resort

"Where tranquility meets adventure"
Timeshares throughout the world have done wonders for tourism especially in the "off" seasons,and IMO they should work well here-it is just that one has to make sure that the resort is fully owned by the directors/partners with little or no borrowings-the problems that I have seen with the industry is that many resorts open and close due to large scale debts and invariably the people who have bought a timeshare are the secondary lienholders and get,in the end, nothing for their investment,as the bank or loan company is the first,and grab every asset-this is a general statement of timeshares worldwide and is not aimed at Costa maya as I have been informed by the new owners that they own the resort outright.

G
G
Chris,
Are you serious? We actually were planning to bring our catch in on Sat (we will fish our way up from Placencia to SP) and have Papi do it for us, but if our captain is not totally exhausted from dealing with 5 or 6 wild Belizean women, could be an addition to our itinerary.

C
OP Offline
C
Papi Chulo!!

You are more then welcome to use our grills or our chef can prepare your fish for you and also offer you an array of accompanying side dishes.

We will whole heartedly enjoy catering to a boat full of wild Belizean women. eek

CB
costamayareef@btl.net

Cool runnins mon.........

Chris Burkey
Costa Maya Reef Resort

"Where tranquility meets adventure"
Costa Maya Chris,
Sorry for the confusion; I was addressing Chismera on the fit of anger against Lan Sluder.
I fully agree with you, and wish you all the best with this beautuful property! In fact, I hope to be there also for the Costa Maya Bicycle Classic! See you then.
Short

Live and let live
I've read with interest the postings about resorts and timeshares. My understanding is that the Costa Maya Resort has not yet been paid for. I understood that in the beginning it would be financed by a bank or financial institution. I am now interested in whether the owners have financed and what protection timeshare owners have since the property is not in the Belizean strata system. Of course this means that no ownership papers can be issued. This has led to many problems with various resorts on this island that have been unable to give ownership papers for precisely this reason. I have two further question.

1. If the resort has leins, what guarantees are in place for a potential timeshare purchaser?

2. If the resort, at a later date is sold, what legal insurance does a potential timeshare purchaser have to be able to use any of the other amenities other than their timeshare on the resort?

I ask this out of interest because I am presently seeking to purchase an apartment on this island and find that many people do not have paperwork here after purchasing over five years ago.

B
B
Originally posted by Costa Maya:

We enjoy nothing less than catering to a boat full of wild Belizean women. eek

Chris, I'm thinking you'd enjoy nothing MORE than catering to a boat full of wild Belizean women ??

I'd hate to think these ladies were being made to feel unwelcome, unintentionally ... didn't sound at all like you were trying to make them unwelcome ...

Don't mean to be nitpicky, it just sorta stood out ...

& PS a big ol' HI to the regular boarders here laugh

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.