Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#75434 10/28/03 09:50 PM
D
Darla Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We are headed to AC the last week in feb and I have a few lodging questions. We are deciding between the following resorts and would appreciate any comments.

Caribe Island Resort
Mata Rocks
Xanadu Resort

Also, how much does it cost to buy off sale beer? What about the night life in AC???

Thanks for any info you can share!
Darla
Minnesota

#75435 10/28/03 10:50 PM
hummmm, I AM biased but here goes...
Ya can't really compare the three at all!!!
Xanadu: no beach to speak of or swim offa, no restaurant or bar, smaller pool. I have never seen the inside of the units so can't comment there.
Mata Rocks: looks cute from the beach and road, I have never seen inside of the units either, it is pretty close to town though! I do know a few regulars have stayed there!
Caribe Island: ROCKS in our view! Great suites, great food and drink, BEAUTIFUL HUGH beach area, hammocks... zzzzz, great dock and tons of water toys in the sea and in the pool if you request, bikes, free shuttle, bla bla bla. Oh I forgot about the BIG pool too! WE LOVE CARIBE ISLAND! (can ya tell?!) lol
Have a great time where ever you go!!!
(Dang... boo hoo for me!)
e-mail Vicki see what they have available!

#75436 10/28/03 10:52 PM
Not really answering your questions, but I too live in Minnesota, and was wondering what airline you are takin and how much it was?

~Mike

#75437 10/28/03 10:58 PM
P.S.
Belikin (beer) is cheap, have it and food delivered to your room prior. OH and don't forget to order some chix from the smokehouse too!
Nightlife is what you make of it...
Best get Pedros green guide! ;-) Or just look Pedro up, he will show ya some night life!

#75438 10/28/03 11:24 PM
Well, denverdan, I HAVE been inside the units at Xanadu.....ALL of them. I did their networking so that each unit could have Internet access for guests wishing to bring their notebook computers. I can tell you that all of the units are very very classy. Their pool is hardly "smaller" by San Pedro standards ...it's a good size and I see people lounging around there every time I visit. Today was PARTICULARLY nice....the folk at Xanadu called me out because of a little problem with their satellite Internet. The pool had some LOVELY sunbathers and looked very inviting. I am also able to inform you that Xanadu stayed busy during the slow September and October months....must be they're doing something right?

I have also visited Mata Rocks more than once and can say that it is also a fine and popular place to stay. And, I know they've had a banner 2002-2003.

Denverdan, it is good that you like Caribe Island Resort. I would agree, it's a lovely place to stay especially if you like to be well away from busy ol' San Pedro Town. But, why not promote it without sniping at the competition? Take a look at your post. It has negative and even nasty undertones. And, you haven't even stayed at Xanadu or Mata Rocks! Unfortunately for Caribe Island and its friends this is beginning to become a pattern on this message board and I can tell you that more than a few people have noticed the trend.

#75439 10/29/03 10:11 AM
Mata Rocks has a nice beach bar and i understand they have a new pool. I've only visited a couple times, never stayed there, but the lodging looks nice.
I'll bet you can't go wrong at any of the places. :p

#75440 10/29/03 10:57 AM
look at aquamarine nice suites great view, nice people

#75441 10/29/03 10:59 AM
hi darla...

we will be at banana beach the last week of february...maybe we'll run into each other...i hear that BC's BBQ on Sunday is the place!

our first time too...we're in upstate NY.

#75442 10/29/03 12:24 PM
D
Darla Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow you guys are great!! Thanks so much. I've switched gears just a bit. I'm considering staying closer to town. What are your thoughts between the Palms and Ramon's? Both are a bit pricier then we were hoping...but look very nice. Not much of a beach though right??? A pool is important to us and Oceanfront is a must!! If we stay further down (Xanadu) are there restaurants within walking? I would not mind the walk but the guys would hate to walk a mile for lunch...UGH!! (but they would walk 2 miles for beer)

Mike - we paid $536 P/P with American Airlines. What about you? We are from Northfield how about you???

MikeII hope to see you in feb...BBQ huh? Where???

#75443 10/29/03 12:40 PM
The Palms is a class act. Nice beach area, nice pool ------ generally a super place and well run.
Ramons is nice - thatch roofs and all that tropical jazz. Can be a little noisey tho - if you are a party animal Ramon's is a good spot.
Good diving at Ramons - fun pool.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.