Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Was there last month and thought Elvi's and Caliente were both very good.

My vote goes to El Patio for food, ambiance and cheerfulness. Prices are great too. Ask for home made tartar sauce for spicy fish fingers and home made 'italian' dressing for salad. Warm ceviche was unusual and amazing.

Ellie, Warm cerviche? Explain please. Never heard of such, sounds interesting,

Dare To Deviate
Well, I'm not sure if it was a happy accident or a planned occurance. For instance, did it stay out of the refridgerator and next to the stove too long? Did it not have enough time to marinate (cook) so they blanched it and then marinated? All I know is that it arrived slightly warmer than room temperature and deeelicious. I had the lobster/conch/shrimp version. Like wine, it had so much more flavor than when it is too chilly. IMO

Don't forget the street vendors! More rice and beans with stewed chicken than one person can eat for only $5 Belize.

Oh and Rich...when you check into the Mayan Princess, please say hello to my girlfriend Vianey for me!

Teenah

R
R
Originally posted by wonderwoman:
If you like French/Thai, try Rendezvous Restaurant & Winery, north of town...226-3426 for reservations!
Right on Wonder Women!

By far and away, the best meal I had on AC was at the Stained Glass Pub. Great Long Island Iced teas, too. Everyone in our group (4 of us) concurred it was the best meal of the week-long trip. And we all got something different.

Caliente's was awesome for dinner, not so much for lunch (I thought the lunch was horrible, and no one in my group said they'd recommend the lunch there).

Loved Jambel's Jerk Pit. We ate there twice.

Estel's is a perfect breakfast spot. Gotta love Johnny cakes!!

Have fun! I'm jealous!

Well, I had thought I might be able to add something here but no, you have listed all my favorites. Where is the stain glass pub? SP is the only place I have ever been where your food is always served hot -as in right off the stove to your table. Wish the resturants back in Indy could figure out how to do that. All in all I would say the food has been good everywhere, and if I managed to pick something I did not care for my husband ate it and gave me his. Not only will he eat anything, he is a great guy too. smile

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
K
K
Stained Glass Pub is just north of Fido's on same side of the road.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.