Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81901 03/07/04 05:14 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello Everyone !
My husband & I are heading your way mid-May from Reno, Nevada, USA. We've done a bit of traveling in Mexico. Cozumel was great but our favorite is driving down through Baja to Bahia Concepcion.
We thought we'd give Belize a try and so far it all looks terrific. As far as lodging goes, I think we've narrowed it down to a few places. We want to stay on Ambegris for this first trip, not in town but within a mile or so. Though we enjoyed Cozumel, we're kind of looking for something a but simpler than the big hotels..not so commercial...but with a few ammentities. So...we're looking at Ramon's Village, Corona del Mar or Xanadu. Does anyone have the skinny on any of the 3 places ? Or am I totally going in the wrong direction ? ANY advice you all have would be SO MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
Sidney

#81902 03/07/04 05:22 PM
Hello Reno, my husband, daughter and I are going in April.. After reading a lot of information on this board we have decided to stay at Banana Beach. We live in Yerington, NV.. not too far from you.... Have fun and be sure to use the search option to get good information on your chosen resorts...

#81903 03/07/04 06:02 PM
C
C
Our family had the same dilemma for accomodations in June. We have traveled to Cozumel the last three years and were ready for something new. We used the search engine on the board to explore the options and decided on Ramon's. We liked the close distance to town and the on sight dive shop. I am sure this won't be our last visit so we'll scoping out other accomodations while we are there. Good luck!

#81904 03/08/04 01:42 PM
J
J
Hi MIss Sidney & Tom, Like you my family has been
to Cozumel several times & will go again this Xmas
as we have time share at Reef Club.We love Cozumel
We just got back last night from San Pedro & now have a second place we love. I think you'll really enjoy it. As far as Ramon's goes,it is one
of the finer places on the Island, not as you say
a little simple. It is very nice & has great grounds & a nice beach as beaches go on AC. If you
are expecting beautiful white sand beaches like Cozumel, it's not here. But that was ok for us.The rest of the place is great.I would stay at
Ramons with no hesitation.You can walk to town in
five minutes.We stayed at Aqua Marina Suites right
in town. It's very nice with great staff.We like staying in town or close because we like to go to
different restaurants all the time. A lot of places north of town are rather isolated & to me
you don't really meet the people as you do being in town. We loved walking aroud town at night & meeting the people of the Island. For the most part the locals live in town, not north or south.

#81905 03/08/04 02:15 PM
Go with Ramons. You won't be dissapointed. We were in AC a couple of weeks ago, and stayed at Banana Beach. In our free time we hung out at Ramons. The snorkeling is great off their pier, and the resort is beautiful!
Enjoy your trip smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.