Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#82601 03/20/04 08:13 PM
Fish School... that is just toooo cute! wink

All above responses are correct Susan, you are gonna have a BLAST fishing and me thinks a life altering experience on Ambergris Caye ta boot!

Are ya ready??? laugh

I am totally jealous cause I can't go. frown
Have a great trip!

#82602 03/21/04 10:59 AM
goody no sweat ,you get ,bicho jr his mate and snorkel/dive buddy if you make a stop for that .. plus the famous capt bicho ,so thats six in total two crew for 4 people you get wonderful service ..pretty cool .they will do it all for you .bait your hook take your fish off ,cook for you ..clean all your fish to take to your hotel ,or what have you to eat at night. most times on the reef no casting is needed .or they wiil cast it out for youy, if needed you just have fun !!!!! sun .walm waters to snorkel in .relax ,and take it all in this is your special day or days .life is to short .live the dream as much as you can for as long as you can ..enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
#82603 03/22/04 07:38 PM
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses and words of encouragement to a beginner.

I just sent an email to Captain Bicho to arrange a half-day fishing and BBQ lunch on my husband's birthday! Sounds like the perfect gift. And maybe I'll buy him a few fish stories if I can hook up with Pedro1 laugh

Thanks again....Hope to see you in AC!

#82604 03/23/04 10:41 AM
susan great ,you will have a great time ..as for pedro #1 make sure you buy him a beer that keeps him mellow ,will speak to capt bicho for you ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#82605 03/24/04 07:57 PM
OP Offline
Hi Capt. Jeff. I just received an email from Capt. Bicho. How nice of him to respond so quickly!

Unfortuately, Capt. Bicho does not do half-day fishing combined with the BBQ lunch. frown The lunch comes only with the full-day, which starts at 8:00 a.m. (too early for vacation....my hubby and I get up at 5:00 a.m. every day for work and will want to use this week to sleep in) smile

Maybe once we get to Portofino, they will be able to arrange a half-day fishing and beach lunch for us? I know we won't be getting the best fishing experience, but, being beginners, I don't think we would even know the difference!

I am so looking forward to a week of much-needed rest and relaxation on AC...and catching up on ZZZZ's is a big part of my agenda.

Thanks for your help. Hope to see you on AC!!

Susan

#82606 03/24/04 08:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I've never known anyone to offer 1/2 day trip combined with BBQ....the time it takes to prepare & cleanup just does not lend itself, IMHO, to doing this. I know if I were a guide, I'd only do the full day thing too....you can;t do it right in 1/2 day.

Time is $$.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#82607 03/24/04 08:45 PM
snoopycat...

i think klcman is probably right on that issue...by the time lunch is done, there's really only a couple of hours left to do a bit of snorkeling before the trip home. i really recommend that you re-consider and do the full day...if price is an object...maybe you could share the cost by finding another couple to come along...that's what we did...it was perfect and it seems that lots of people are looking to hook up to share charters.

regarding sleeping in and getting enough rest on vacations...unless you are into late nights, bar hopping & partying...you just might find, as we did, that getting up with the sun (or earlier) is the best part of each day. we are very early risers...so we naturally go to bed pretty early too. it wasn't hard to get out of bed each morning to greet the sun and take advantage of every precious sunlit hour we could.

the day with bicho was very full...and our most memorable day of the trip...we made up for the activity by turning in early that night...and we also found many opportunities to take short "cat naps" between other plans...nothing like catching a few winks in the shade of a palm tree with the wind and surf to lull you to sleep for a time...

despite all we managed to see and do in 10 days, we never felt exhausted and returned home feeling very refreshed.

i guess i'd just hate to see you miss out on one of the best adventures of a trip to AC because you think sleeping in past 8 one day would be more fun!! wink

#82608 03/24/04 09:09 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, Mikell. I also enjoy cat-napping under a palm tree after the rum-punch lunch. It's hubby that likes to sleep in late when we visit the islands. I usually have a 1-mile walk and few dips in the ocean before he even wakes up!!

I was hoping to do the fishing trip as a birthday present for him. When I told him he would have to get up and out by 8:00 a.m., he just grumbled mad . I might try to schedule another day, and try to think of another birthday gift. confused

The cost is a concern, too. If there is another couple out there that wants to share a full-day fishing charter the week of April 19, please let me know. We're staying North (Portofino)...and I promise hubby will stop grumbling by 10:00 a.m. If not, we toss him overboard wink

Susan

#82609 03/24/04 09:46 PM
Snoopycat...that's what I was going to suggest. If you were to pair up with another couple...the other going in the am and you going in the pm and then all partaking in his wonderful BBQ it may work out for you. I've corresponded with Capt. Bicho and he is the most accommodating man I know...of course he's due his $$$ and very much worth it.Throw in a bigger tip and it should be a go wink How about those like Mikell who have been with Capt. Bicho, would this work out...he could drop the first crew and take the other half...it all adds up to a day and everyone wins wink

#82610 03/24/04 10:26 PM
not sure that idea would work too well...at least not if the fishing is anywhere near where the beach bbq is...at the south end of AC...having to travel up to portofino to pick up another couple could take some time before lunch...and the fish caught in the morning is what you'll be having for lunch...takes time to catch, clean and cook...seems like you'd pretty much have to be involved in the morning fishing to take part in the lunch.

a better idea might be to see if bicho is willing to start a bit later in the morning...maybe at 9? don't know if this is something he'd consider...but you could ask.

from the sounds of it...your husband isn't too thrilled with the whole idea...and since it's HIS birthday present...maybe you better go with an idea that excites him...don't think i'd want to be dragged along on a trip i wasn't keen on for my birthday, even tho we ALL think he'll love it! you still have time to have him read all the trip reports on this board about a day with bicho!!

too bad it isn't YOUR birthday...then he'd have to grin and bear it!!

if you are still keen to do it sometime during your trip...keep posting and asking...i'll bet you'll find a taker here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.